Wii-Day

brynthaboss

Dandy Guy, in Space
just read that nintendo are holding a press conference on the 15th of sept. could this be the day that they tell us the price and release date for europe. lets hope so.

what price point do you think it will retail like and when do you think it will release. surely not along side the ps3

Its basically going to be, as it was with the gamecube, the cheapest of the three next gen consoles, i wuold say around maybe £150 or if at max though doubtful i think £200..so more or less fairly cheap for this series of next gen consoles, the only thing i can guess is that the release date for the console is set for the end of the year or there abouts but this should hopefully confirm this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was released alongside the PS3 actually, would be a smart move by Nintendo to release a £150 console alongside a £500 or so one. While I won't be getting either personally if people are in the store that day the cheaper option may well be opted for.

150 is roughly 300 Dollars in Canada. Worse part is in a 7 11 Contest they are saying the Wii is worth $400 CDN. Meaning it could very well be the same Price of the 360. And only $150 less then the PS3.

i wouldn't call the wii next gen in terms of graphics etc.. so thts why i could see it been around the 170 mark like when the gamecube first launched. which is all good.

Mangaminx said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was released alongside the PS3 actually, would be a smart move by Nintendo to release a £150 console alongside a £500 or so one.
Oi Reggie, hire this girl to the finance department!

Well, Nintendo have already promised Q4 '06, which'll mean in time for the Christmas launch, which is a good move.

I wouldn't worry about the PS3, seems as though due to blue laser (for the optical drive) and cell processor shortages, Sony haven't even started mass-producing them yet.

Well, Nintendo have promised that the uk price will be in line with america, europe and japan.

So, that good. The UK have been very greedy for money through tax, so I hope nintendo will give us a reasonable price.[/quote]

I'm guessing....£189.99. Or maybe £189.95 in some places. ¬_¬

I've got a shitload of games I'm gonna take to GameStation soon and get credit to use against a Wii package of fun. 8)

well it's good to know that they weren't far off, we'll have another week to know exactly though, personally i can't wait for the Wii although the £50 per game price tag on play.com isn't encouraging.

Back