Where to watch Anime

Naruto

Hikikomori
Hi im a noob so can any1 just tell me where you watch all the anime is it on tv or the comuter and if it is on the tv what channel

Thanks!

The answer to your question about anime being on TV is there is not alot. Toonami would probably be your best option showing anime such as One Piece (which is hated due to the number of edits in it), Dragonball/Z/GT and also Big O is shown from time to time which you should deffinately look out for as it is very good.

Your best bet , and one thats gonna cost, is to buy DVDs. Play.com, and Up1.co.uk are excellent choices or normal High Street stores such as HMV also sell anime DVDs but useually at a higher price.

Computer wise there are thousands of fansubs but that shouldn't be discussed here or we migt get told off :D

Manga can be found again on sites such as UP1, but also in bookstores such as Ottakers and WH Smiths, which only sells the Gollancz titles at the moment I think.

Hope that helps.

If you are just starting out as an anime fan alot of the 'classic' anime movies such as 'Akira', 'Ghost In The Shell', 'Blood The Last Vampire', 'Vampuire Hunter D' and 'Ninja Scroll' are allways popping up in HMV's sales for around £8.99 each. So keep an eye out. But watch out for 'Urotsukidoji'...just a word of warning.

Ottokars and WHSmith actually sell Dark Horse, Tokyopop and Gollancz manga ;). Quite a lot of variety.

Its worth pointing out that the DVDs on UP1.co.uk are Region 1 American DVDs so you need a multi region player to watch them

Mangaminx said:
Ottokars and WHSmith actually sell Dark Horse, Tokyopop and Gollancz manga ;). Quite a lot of variety.

The WH Smiths around are all shite, only one had a couple of the Gollancz titles, Ottakers are good the one nearest me is quite small but still has loads of tokyopop titles.

Fansubs on the computer, and dvds on the tv. Toonami, Jetix, and Sky One are the only places on tv that show any anime, though of course this is of the edited veriety, but watch out for Rapture tv sometime this Winter as they should be showing unedited anime (me thinks), it seems in the form of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Manga:
I often buy some in Ottakars, though i heard we should be hopeful that WHSmith might be selling more in the future, other wise theres:
United Publications

Anime:
Can be found on the highstreet in shops like HMV, but for a beter selection theres:
Play.com good cheap anime
or Anime-on-line
and United Publications if you can watch R1

Thats pretty much the same as what everyone else put, but i thought i would give you the links

almost all of the DVDs and manga i buy are from play.com or the old faithful Amazon but it's still worth checking out high street stores for special offers. Ottakers and Borders sell some manga but i've heard of plans by Waterstones to do the same thing in the near future! :)

alternatively check out shops such as Travelling Man and Forbidden Planet if there are branches in your home town - they sell a lot of RPG, sci-fi and fantasy stuff; there is also a good range of manga and anime.

maybe we should make a sticky thread like this? *hint*

I find one of the best chain retailers for manga is Borders they tend to have a rather extensive manga collection in store.

Otherwise your local comic shop be best place to check out :) .

Concrete badger said:
Ottakers and Borders sell some manga but i've heard of plans by Waterstones to do the same thing in the near future! :)

Waterstones in Chester have actually began to ply their trade in .hack// manga, but have little else in stock. I've noticed a lack of many non-SJ Viz titles in Borders, and Ottakers seem to have a lot of Dark Horse. WHSmith have various Tokyopop series, among others, these days.

Toonami, Jetix, and Sky One are the only places on tv that show any anime, though of course this is of the edited veriety, but watch out for Rapture tv sometime this Winter as they should be showing unedited anime (me thinks), it seems in the form of Fullmetal Alchemist.

What anime do sky one show and at what time cos i can never find any on tht channel. what channel is rapture by the way.

brynthaboss said:
What anime do sky one show and at what time cos i can never find any on tht channel. what channel is rapture by the way.

Early in the mornings I have a feeling Sky One show Pokemon,Zoids and Yu-Gi-OH on various occasions.

Rapture TV hasnt started yet so it dosent have a channel number at this moment.

Bit surprised no-one's mentioned scanlations on the manga front. Basically you can find a lot of manga series (unlicensed usually) that have been scanned and translated into English in loads of places. You can download the chapters or even view them online should you wish.

I don't think I've said anything taboo but if I have just remove the post etc.

Back