Where to go in Manchester?

otaku010884

Student Council President
On my way to work so just a quick one.

My other half is coming to the UK again in August. She wants to see Manchester (football maybe?) but I've never been there. What can we do for a day in Manchester?

Like me she loves books, so I figured we'd check out the library. I guess the football stadium too.
What else though? I'm going to take her to the Imperial War Museum here in London so no point in going to that. She's like me, interested in war history but not much else (history wise).

Any suggestions are most welcome. x

Here's where I can help. Yay! :p

We have a football museum in Urbis.
Definitely go to the library as it's been completely refurbished and all sorts, it took about 5 years to do and it's gorgeous now.
We have the science and industry museum.
2 free entrance gallerys, one near the centre of manchester (can't remember the road name!) and one on oxford road.
We have a bunch of great bars and cafes, most are in the Northern Quarter which is worth a visit for those plus they have a Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man. Oh and Afflecks Palace. That's always worth a gander there too.
You'll want to go to Great Northern if you want to see a movie plus the almost famous burger and all star lanes are housed in there too.
If the weathers nice you'll want to go a bit out of the centre of Manchester and go to Heaton Park for a stroll.
Our "posh" part is Deansgate. Nice food, bars and shops. I guess Castlefield is similar for that bar the shops.

We may very well have the Jazz Festival on next month too (either end of this month or next, can't remember). That'll be on Albert Square where we have our famous Christmas Markets, Grilltstock, Oktoberfest and food festivals. If they have food stalls, that'll be a nice experience there. That's right by Deansgate too so would be a two bird one stone feat :p :)

Back