Where to find a Commission

Will2518

Completely Average High School Student
I'm looking to have a piece of artwork commissioned but I'm really struggling to engage an artist. I get ignore on deviantart, peopleperhour hasn't offered a solution and artists with private website seem perpetually booked.

Any ideas?

Have you tried discord? It might depend on what you're looking for, but there are several commission-themed servers where, as far as I can tell, most of the users are about ready to bite the hand off anyone offering work. Reddit might also be worth a try, the likes of r/HungryArtists should have plenty of adverts to choose from.

What kind of artwork is it you want to commission, if you don't mind my asking?

Have you tried discord? It might depend on what you're looking for, but there are several commission-themed servers where, as far as I can tell, most of the users are about ready to bite the hand off anyone offering work. Reddit might also be worth a try, the likes of r/HungryArtists should have plenty of adverts to choose from.

What kind of artwork is it you want to commission, if you don't mind my asking?
Hi, thanks for the response.

It's a book cover for a fantasy/fiction book. I have a full 'commission brief' (and a budget) written up just really struggling to even find someone to send it to!

Thanks for the advice! I didn't think of reddit, I'll try that

I've just seen you're email on your portfolio website. Are you OK if I send the brief over for you to review to see if it would be of interest?

I'm looking to have a piece of artwork commissioned but I'm really struggling to engage an artist. I get ignore on deviantart, peopleperhour hasn't offered a solution and artists with private website seem perpetually booked.

Any ideas?
I run a small anime-style coloring book publisher, and about 1/3 of our work is done by external artists. Try Upwork!

Back