What's with the phrase "punk" in Anime

lilynn

Hikikomori
What's with the phrase "punk" in Anime
Nowhere else do I see the phrase "punk" used as often as in Anime as a normal expression of discontent with some person, regardless of who would be the real "punk" in relation to the other and if it's the punk saying to the "nice kid"... Why is that, do you think? Is this a common expression in Japan or a fashion in Anime or do translators just like to resort to that expression regularly? Or do you punks not notice?

Like as not, in the Japanese they're probably just saying "you" in an impolite manner. Which doesn't translate well.
That said, I can't think of any specific examples of hearing it so it it is either only common in whatever you are watching or I don't take any notice.

[edited for grammar]

I see the OP is copy pasting stuff again with no follow up, some kind of phycological experimient or data gathering?

I'd echo Shiroi, there are so many ways to address someone in Japanese that just don't seem to translate across that well. Likewise I can't recall a specific anime that actually says punk, and certainly none that make serious use of it.

Back