• Get Backers vol 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gad Guard vol 2

• Shingu:Secret of the Steller Wars vol 1

• Total voters
MangaMinX said:
Gone with Chrono Crusade #1 , I kinda liked the trailer .
Havent actually seen any of the ones listed there though.
No me nither, but i've heard some good things about it, and it is a volume 1 and it's always good to watch a brand new series

i haven't seen any of the others but the first two Abenobashi volumes were hilarious so i'm assuming the third one will be more of the same.

Out of all of those, I only know anything about Chrono Crusade (read the first volume of the Manga, and watched the first 2 episodes).

Seems OK. The nuns are more thana a bit unorthodox, but it's decent action fluff so far.

BTW, did anyone else see that title the first time and think it was related to Chrono Trigger?

subedii said:
BTW, did anyone else see that title the first time and think it was related to Chrono Trigger?
Which is precisely why it was called Chrno Crusade in Japan. Presumably it was assumed that people that could speak English properly would object more to the nonsensical spelling than to the possible confusion with the games.

Get Backers is the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. Chrono Crusade looks like Kiddy Grade v2 and I found Gad Guard to be terribly generic too (unsurprisingly, both are from Gonzo). Abenobashi looks like it could come good, but then I have never felt particularly motivated to check out anime comedy.

I love comedy, but it just takes a lot for me to find something I like. I tend to enjoy shows that use comedy, but are primarily dramatic (like Fruit's Basket and even Cowboy Bebop). Of the two volumes I've seen, Azumanga Daioh was great though- but other than that, I don't have too much experience in the genre. Comedy anime just doesn't capture my imagination, though I expect to be proved wrong ;)

Fair dos!
I understand what you're saying and must admit I prefer humour within an anime, although there are a few comedies I love, Doki Doki School Hours springs to mind :D

Watched Chrono Crusade today.

Pretty good, not at all like Kiddy Grade. For a start one of the main plotlines is talked about in episode 2 and theres a nice little story arc in eisode 2 and 3.

Hardly any fanservice either! (thank god really, fanservice involing Nuns is a bit odd)

Think ill watch Gad Guard vol 2 tomorrow.

Back