What is lolicon?

Maxon said:
There's a difference between not liking something, and something being unacceptable.

No, lolicon (and shotacon, by extension) is completely unacceptable. It sexualises very young (pre-pubescent, in most cases) boys and girls. It's got "wrong" written all over it.

RetroRainbow said:
I actually didn't mind Kodomo no Jikan.
Usually I wouldn't touch that type of series, but there was probably nothing else showing, and I thought, 'meh, why not?'.
And I was actually suprised. I expected it to be... well, loli-ish. And I suppose it was, but besides the fan service (which, mostly, was covered by spinning 'no's'), there was an actual plot, with a wee bit of drama. I was pleasantly suprised. If the manga actually did get licensed this time around, I'd probably buy it.

I've read alot into the whole "Kodomo no Jikan" issue thats covered the release of seven sea's translation on the series and yes some of it borders on the edge of pedophilia, but some seem to agree with the fact that the character is developing her feelings and she doesnt understand what shes truly doing, and if you read the back story to it (or watch the anime) you realize the problems she's had in the past with her family and you have alot of sympathy for her. See manga and anime have alot of emotional issues that are never dealt with here because our government will just censor it or ban it outright and i really feel thats why we dont experience many things like japan (no matter how controversial)

As for the lolicon thread I read a while back (and this maybe over hyped) but aprently lolicon in japan has decreased pedophilia crimes because of the avaliblty of dedicated lolicon manga magazines and doujin. Again I dont know if this was overhyped but its an interesting issue to look into.

CitizenGeek said:
Maxon said:
There's a difference between not liking something, and something being unacceptable.

No, lolicon (and shotacon, by extension) is completely unacceptable. It sexualises very young (pre-pubescent, in most cases) boys and girls. It's got "wrong" written all over it.
It's not real, so...

me = not caring.

im-ur-present-p.jpg

I've never watched lolicon so I don't have an opinion on it but I think I might wacth some as I will never have an opinion on it if I don't! Is Kodomo no Jikan the most famous one then?

That's not the point, at all ...

Quote:
It isn't illegal in the United Kingdom sadly, but there are rumours about that one of the MP are considering banning this. Oh yeah... what else I was going to say. Ah yes...

Quote:
Well, I've heard that they have put the consultation out already and ended in June last year......but so far since now, I've heard nothing after that.

It is bad.......well, is true that it is not real....but still, is not the issue of whether it is real or not......it is a moral issue.

Also, I know what is lolicon already and I am asking about will the law affect the anime industry in the UK? Will people "over kill" an anime series and ban it?

Churchy99 said:
I've never watched lolicon so I don't have an opinion on it but I think I might wacth some as I will never have an opinion on it if I don't! Is Kodomo no Jikan the most famous one then?
As I recall, Kodomo no Jikan became infamous for being a mainstream anime that was based upon a borderline (I am not 100% sure which side of the border it actually falls) lolicon manga. This was brought to the attention of western fans when the manga publisher (I can't remember who that was but Seven Seas comes to mind) who had licenced the manga publicly renounced the licence due to what it considered to be extreme lolicon tendencies, which made it too hot to handle.

Back