What do think of the bleach manga?

Within the confines of what it is, it's pretty great imo. There are fairly legit reasons why it was the first ever series to get two straight weeks of cover + front color in Weekly Jump, as well as an entire full color chapter added to the relevant tankoubon, although it is obviously not continuously as strong as it once was.

In terms of Shonen action series, Bleach is fairly good. Tite Kubo is definitely the best artist out of "The Big Three". In recent story arcs though, Tite Kubo has been accused of "trolling" his characters.

If you're looking for an in-depth, captivating story, it probably isn't the show for you (at least, not after volume 21) but if you just want a good action series, then go for it.

I have the first 28 volumes, and volume 1 is probably my most reread manga (only because I leave so long between buying I figure I'll just start over again).

It isn't amazingly deep, but the first two arcs are pretty good, though I have heard a lot about trolling/"plotkai" later on. Bleach is my manga equivalent of a popcorn movie- not mindblowing, but fun.

Meh... I bought the first 17 vols before I realised how repetative it is :/ Sold them all off since. The first few vols were interesting, setting the scene and introducing the characters, but after that, I just got bored with it.

I read the Soul Society arc and really enjoyed it. (I think that's the first 24 volumes) I got bored of it after that, as I didn't think the story was as strong and the art got lazier.

Still reading it online but fallen a little behind on my paper volumes.

The recent arcs are moving along at a very nice pace but the Espada/Winter War Arcs took way too long and are probably why i've fallen behind with my physical copies.

I've seen plotkai accusations, but also counter arguments where a few things seem to link back 40-50 volumes. Hard to know if it was all planned or just co-incidence

Back