• 12+ Episode TV Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OVA & / or TV one-off purchase series

• OVA / TV mini series (2-4 Volumes)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i enjoy OVAs, because they don't have the limitations that airing on TV can bring. also, a really long series looks great on a shelf! ;)

I'm more of a film fan because the studios normally go absolutely crazy in the level of detail and quality of animation. Though I think the other choices more often than not allow more character and story development, while films some times have to compromise on the aforementioned levels due to limited run times.

I ended up voting for +12 TV episodes because such a format allows for greater character development and depth of story. I've never really been one to critically look at actual animation, so I'm never bothered when people claim animation from certain shows is 'below par', as long as the story is good, then I'm there.

Though there are a few exceptions. OVAs like FLCL and movies like Akira rely on their fantastic visuals to actually help build the story, so it's a tougher decision than first thought ;)

Its a tough one, but inveitably I went with a 12+ episode series, although I really don't care so much of the time. As long as I like the story, then I don't mind what format it is. That said, I do think sometimes think "that could have been wrapped up one hell of a lot faster" or "Only 6 eps? I want more! *wails*" (Bastard!!)

I'm a 12+ TV person!! If I love a series I never want it to end, so I'm quite happy to watch 150++ episodes!!
I do like OVAs as well as I've seen many 6 episode OVAs that give a lot of character info along with a nice albeit short story. I get annoyed with 3 episode OVAs that seem to start and finish without saying anything or going anywhere :cry:

I suppose what makes a 26+ episode series so good (providing its got all the right ingredients) is there substantial.

Though I've only watched a handful of these epic series, I tend to find watching them first time round (as and when you buy them) is different to watching them once there all completed.

And one does get a feeling of psychological fulfillment once there all together in one glorious whole! :? :lol:

Or is that just me? :D

Put OAV's, but mainly for the sake of my bank balance. They generally are long enough to give you enough character and detailed enough plot, without draining the coffers or leaving you screaming for more as some movies do.
If the DVd makers put a decent number of episodes on each DVD (preferably 5) 12+epsiodes would be my choice.

Hovis! said:
And one does get a feeling of psychological fulfillment once there all together in one glorious whole! :? :lol:

Or is that just me? :D

Nope! I know what you mean, especially when there are delays with the release dates and you often forget what happened last time :(
I also love having an entire series infront of me to watch so that I don't get left with that "I want to see more now" scenario :lol:

Back