Waiting

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Film currently on DVD called 'Waiting' it stars Ryan Reynolds (Blade 3 and Van Wilder Party Liaison) and Anna Ferris (Scary Movie and Just Friends)

Brilliant, funny, and after watching it I have realised 2 things
1. I will never be rude to waiters ever
2. I wish I had worked in a place like this

The film is about a day in the life of the waiters/waitresses/cooks and white drug dealer wannabe teenage bus-boys (watch til the end of the credits to see them at there best) of an american theme restaurant called Shinanigans. Think Empire Records in a TGI Fridays atmosphere. We follow Monty (Reynolds) and friends as they go about there day serving people, getting even with rude customers and playing the 'penis game'. Along for the ride is a new recruit fresh on his first day trying to cope with the sick characters around him.

Some very funny moments throughout especially when the main cast get to interact with each other, some brilliant flash backs to their own first days and the characters are so off the wall you could actually imagine working with them. Infact some of them I definately have worked with especially the manager.

Gotta say though its not as good as Van Wilder Party Liaison in my opinion but Reynolds definately brings the film to light.

Rent it

Guyver 0 said:
isn't it just a rip off of clerks?

Not really Clerks deals with 2 main characters Dante and Randall, the customers are a passing interest. Waiting deals with a large number of people working together and there relationships with not only each other but also the customers.

Saying that Clerks is one of the greatest movies ever made and I really wanna see Clerks 2 when it gets released in the UK

Rukario said:
I heard about this from a friend, he said it was pretty horrible, and he knows his movies.

i think it comes down to your own personal tastes, I enjoyed it, but then again I also enjoyed Van Wilder and the Broken Lizard movies (Supertroopers, Club Dread)

Back