Viz to Detail Monster Anime

BlackWolf said:
If we do see it here then ten to one Manga will handle the distrobution of it.

Thats what I was thinking, fingers crossed.

Had a check on ANN and there was an English cast so presumbly its been or is in the process of being dubbed :D

Not sure I will buy this but if it's released in a competitive enough way I might. I already have the manga, that's the only reason. Good to see something high quality finally being given some attention by Viz after they first mentioned it ages ago.

R

I've wanted to own it on DVD for awhile. It's needlessly long and seems to go on forever, but it's also a great thriller to watch. I like the fact that the perspective changes between characters for lengthy periods, even if it did end up making the story too long.

If not for the value of the pound I'd be a little excited about the prospect of owning R1 box sets. But, as it stands now, I can't see myself owning the series until/if it gets a R2 release, which is unlikely given its length and realism.

Hoping for an R2 release on this one (R1 isn't an option for me either) - I'd be interested to see what kind of dub it ends up with - hopefully with no dodgy german accents..

Never minded the length in terms of enjoyment, but unless it's released in large chunks it could end up being pretty expensive.

This seems like a good follow up for Death Note. But 74 episodes, if release as singles doesn't sound very attractive.

animenewsnetwork said:
The North American distributor Viz Media indicated during the question-and-answer session at its New York Comic Con panel on Sunday that it will detail release plans for the Monster television anime series and the live-action L change the WorLd film "very soon." The Monster anime adapts Naoki Urasawa's mystery horror manga of the same name. Viz Media's sister company, Viz Pictures, is definitely planning a DVD release for Hideo Nakata's L spinoff film based on Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba's Death Note manga, and there is a possibility of a limited theatrical release as well.

I just realized that if Death Note's "L Chagne the world" is not release in US, the UK release is cheaper than the usual US RRP. Sign of the times!

chaos said:
This seems like a good follow up for Death Note. But 74 episodes, if release as singles doesn't sound very attractive.

animenewsnetwork said:
The North American distributor Viz Media indicated during the question-and-answer session at its New York Comic Con panel on Sunday that it will detail release plans for the Monster television anime series and the live-action L change the WorLd film "very soon." The Monster anime adapts Naoki Urasawa's mystery horror manga of the same name. Viz Media's sister company, Viz Pictures, is definitely planning a DVD release for Hideo Nakata's L spinoff film based on Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba's Death Note manga, and there is a possibility of a limited theatrical release as well.

I just realized that if Death Note's "L Chagne the world" is not release in US, the UK release is cheaper than the usual US RRP. Sign of the times!

You mean this? Does this mean we got something before the US did again?

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

animenewsnetwork said:

Yes, that's what I meant. not only faster, but also cheaper, as our release would cost around 17 dollars.

chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

animenewsnetwork said:

Yes, that's what I meant. not only faster, but also cheaper, as our release would cost around 17 dollars.

Intersting...And its not like ours is a bare bones releaese either

All the Death Note movies were released before the US, as well as the upcoming 20th Century Boys movie...nice to be ahead for a change

Only have the first volume of Monster(manga) but it certainly has me hooked already. Compared to what i've read previously to this its quite different and i can see me being pulled into it the more i read. The anime i'll definitely take a look into as well, but i may do the same as Retro and hold off until i've read the manga, or at least the majority of it.

I was enjoying the manga but I've stalled on the 10th volume. Urusawa keeps introducing new characters and going off on tangents and it's difficult to keep track of everything. If the anime is cheap enough and released in sets I might pick it up and not bother with any more of the manga.

Back