Viceland TV anime block kicks off with Cowboy Bebop

Eureka Seven showing at 5pm is a superb time slot for that. I really hope this works out for Viceland & Anime Ltd, both are showing a lot of belief in anime.

5 p.m? aaaaaand people care about anime again apparently. I thought they'd all have bepob's slot but this honestly sounds a lot better. get it in front of the eyes of who might actually take an interest in it

Yeah, I think this is great time slot to pull in some old and new viewers but again, I only came across it by chance about 10 minutes prior to it airing while scrolling through the Sky Guide. Might've gained some extra viewers if it was better advertised but I haven't seen anything on it so far, or perhaps I've just missed it.
Either way, I'll tune in as it's usually when I'm least busy during the day, it's definitely exciting to see Viceland bring Anime back to the TV like this and if it means more daytime Anime, I'm all for it. I've also noticed Eureka Seven will be airing repeats of the episodes shown earlier in the day after Tokyo Ghoul this coming Thursday night.

while looking for the timeslot on Viceland an ad for Ghoul came up, it's not like they aren't advertising any of it. half of the top picks on Vice's on demand are episodes of bebop. actually taking a look at how they are showing them I have to admit that I was wrong about what they are doing with what they got, they don't want to throw these shows away.
as for the case by case thing with certain series, I'd thing bebop would have done better earlier, but Ghoul has some ultraviolence in quite a few of it's episodes, showing it uncensored later it's in the right place

Oh, I've definitely seen advertisements for Tokyo Ghoul, Cowboy Bebop and even a mix of anime they'll be showing. By advertising, I suppose I more so meant I was expecting to see Eureka Seven reported on social media or another Anime news related website so people actually knew it would be airing on Monday and that specific time slot.

And yeah, I definitely agree with you about Tokyo Ghoul being at a reasonable time slot given it's definitely a more violent series.

Last edited:
That sounds very positive, I'm living in a bubble when it comes to television so I'm glad they're promoting their anime! Fingers crossed that one day we'll have some new members fondly remembering the day they blundered across these shows and getting curious.

R

Patema Inverted, A Letter To Momo and Perfect Blue to be aired from 12th September as advertised between the Samurai Champloo episodes on ViceLand last night. I've yet to see A Letter to Momo or Perfect Blue, so this definitely pleases me.

I can confirm that is all correct - for reference these are the film premiere dates and times we have on record for those titles hitting Viceland:

Patema Inverted - Tuesday 12th September, 9PM
A Letter To Momo, Tuesday 19th September, 9PM
Perfect Blue, Tuesday 26th September, 10PM

Dates and times for each individual movie airing.

Last edited:
Back