Versus

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Synopsis:
There are 666 portals to the other side, and somewhere in Japan lies the home of the 444th. It is here that Prisoner KSC2-303 escapes from his fellow inmates to rendezvous with a group of men who will lead him to safety.

After he realises that the price of his freedom is the death of a female hostage, he refuses to comply with his rescuers' plans and blood is spilled. But when, in the aptly named Forest of Resurrection, long dead Yakuza fighters come back to life to avenge their own deaths, a battle against these living dead assassins ensues. Soon his quest for freedom becomes a desperate fight to simply stay alive....

My Review
Ok so I bought this on a whim as it was on sale on Play.com and what a waste of money. Nothing is really explained, the film starts with 2 guys being busted out of jail but we are not told how or why we are left to work it out on our own which is annoying as it plagues you for the first hour of the movie. Next is the Zombies (yes zombies) which are climbing out of the ground... armed with semi automatic weapons. 4 gang memberds take time in tracking and attempting to kill the hero and heroine although they suck at it even when granted supernatural powers. Basically this film could have been done a lot better the film never leaves the forest and in my opinion would have look ten times better in a city scape as the forest just makes it seem cheap and amateurish, the zombie quality doesn't help either

The only bit I did like was the fight scenes which to be honest are superbly choreographed and the mix of guns and swords was why I bought this in the first place. Also the ending is brilliant it has a twist that made me smile and giggle with glee.

To be honest I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this and am hoping to sell it on ebay in the very near future.

3/10

Saw this when it was on FilmFour, though ok it was kinda crappy, i enjoyed the whole Cheesiness of it. The fight scenes where enjoyable the zombie-ish beings in the forest where all funny. When i saw it starting i knew not to expect much more than it being Cheesy, so its probably why i was able to enjoy it.

Arbalest said:
Saw this when it was on FilmFour, though ok it was kinda crappy, i enjoyed the whole Cheesiness of it. The fight scenes where enjoyable the zombie-ish beings in the forest where all funny. When i saw it starting i knew not to expect much more than it being Cheesy, so its probably why i was able to enjoy it.

I would probably think the same, if I had read the synopsis properly and seen the word ZOMBIE I probably wouldn't have bothered buying it.

I enjoyed it,though felt the fight scenes were a bit too drawn out.Plus i expected the setting to change at some point and it didn't which was a bit disapointing.Humerous in places...yeah i liked it.Just an easy going really,ok-ish film.

Versus is f*cking great, its a popcorn movie and does exactly what it sets out to: entertain.

Its cheap and amateurish because it IS cheap and amateurish!

I'd call it mindless fun - it was made on a shoestring budget and one of the guys looks like a Japanese Jonathan Ross (no, seriously!). I always take zombie films with a pinch of salt anyways!

Back