Vampire Princess Miyu TV

Mangaminx

Stand User
While this is an often overlooked series , its one of my favourites . Its hard to explain what exactly this anime is like. The basic premise revolves around Miyu a young vampire girl , and her blade wielding bodyguard Larva as they battle creatures known as Shinma's who are intent on destroying the lives of humans for their own evil ends.

Its a simple concept and the series has a very "monster of the week" feel to it for most of the episodes , but its the incredibly well executed and dark haunting feel that accompanies the majority of these episodes that makes the series wonderful. There is towards the end of the series an all encompassing story arc aswell which cleverly ties together all the previous episodes ( which at first site seem to be merely stand alone horror stories ) , into a final epic conclusion with a rather suprising plot twist.

As I said this is one of my favourite series and definately worth a look for anyone who enjoys darker anime ( the plot is very unforgiving to the cast members, and sad at times, so maybe this show is not for everyone) .

I'm always interested in vampire stories, so I'll be sure to stick this one on my list.

the plot is very unforgiving to the cast members, and sad at times, so maybe this show is not for everyone

I love dark shows. My favourite anime of all time, Berserk, is about as dark as they come. An unforgiving story automatically makes me pay more attention and gives important scenes a sharper edge.

Paul said:
I love dark shows. My favourite anime of all time, Berserk, is about as dark as they come. An unforgiving story automatically makes me pay more attention and gives important scenes a sharper edge.

I agree , Ive never seen Beserk myself but Id probably enjoy it , theres something very gripping about dark and unforgiving shows , although I enjoy these kinds of animes more if they have a fantastical element to them rather than being firmly set in reality.

Miyu was probably the first very unforgiving series I saw ( Was the second series I ever watched ) , but im glad I picked up the MVM first disc randomely to check it out.

Back