US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

I checked Monster Musume again just in case it wasn't completely geolocked as someone has already posted before me. It is listed as Geo-locked on the region check.

Hi guys. I haven't read all 12 pages in this thread due to being very lazy, so somebody might have already suggested this. But my solution to the region locked Blu Rays and DVDs problem was to buy a Blu Ray drive for my PC. It was pretty easy to change the region of the drive to play both American dvds and Blu Rays. Not a cheap solution, but a solution that has worked for me so far.

Hi guys. I haven't read all 12 pages in this thread due to being very lazy, so somebody might have already suggested this. But my solution to the region locked Blu Rays and DVDs problem was to buy a Blu Ray drive for my PC. It was pretty easy to change the region of the drive to play both American dvds and Blu Rays. Not a cheap solution, but a solution that has worked for me so far.

No worries, that's actually what I have done with my laptop. The laptop had a Blu-ray disc built-in so I simply decided to change the regions to United States.

It is what I did for a few years, until my BD drive wasn't reading any new discs from this year strangely so I ended up getting that cheap region free BD player that was going around a few months ago. FUNi locking Fairy Tail and DBZ Kai part way through caused some right headaches!

My solution was to just buy an American player. I mean it really just depends how much of an investment you want to make in buying US titles but if that investment is more than say 20-30 titles then I think it's worth it. I mean the piece of mind it gave me knowing I wouldn't have to mess around with Region nonsense by just having a Zone A and B players is just great. If something comes out in either region I can buy it and play it. It is 100% worth every penny of the investment for media junkies.

I actually use a US PS3, advantage being they work on UK power supply no problem and hey it plays games as well. In fact I got a launch model off of eBay UK for around £80 many years ago now so it's also PS2 compatible. I personally think a US PS3 if you can find one is incredibly good value. The PS3 also plays DVDs really nicely upscaled.

If you want only Blu Ray then of course an Asian PS3 model is also an option, I have a Japanese launch model as well which was also found on eBay for around £70 I believe. Again this was many years ago now.

If the US PS3 died I would probably just get a slim model next time or maybe get an Xbox One S from the States to have that UHD option too. But yeah I really cannot underestimate the piece of mind of just having a player for those needs. It's great.

Last edited:
Dream Eater Merry Bypass Method Disc 1 title 4, Disc 2 title 3.
The Book of Bantorra Bypass Method Disc 1 title 5, Disc 2 title 4, Disc 3 title 4.
Aura geo locked
Argevollen Collection 1 geo locked
Argevollen Collection 2 geo locked

Would anyone be able to tell me whether Maria the Virgin Witch is region locked? I know the box states that it's region A only, but I'm unsure how accurate this is. (A UK release isn't looking very likely, and I really don't want to import the Australian DVD-only release :( )

Would anyone be able to tell me whether Maria the Virgin Witch is region locked? I know the box states that it's region A only, but I'm unsure how accurate this is. (A UK release isn't looking very likely, and I really don't want to import the Australian DVD-only release :( )

That's a good point. I'll look into this, chances are that it's region locked given how the title has been handled.

Back