US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Unsurprisingly, both Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls and Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- appear to be Geolocked.

I also noticed another duplicate listing. To Love-Ru Darkness Season 2 is in the 'to be tested' section, but is confirmed Geolocked above. :p

Unsurprisingly, both Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls and Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- appear to be Geolocked.

5kHEqa8.gif

I also noticed another duplicate listing. To Love-Ru Darkness Season 2 is in the 'to be tested' section, but is confirmed Geolocked above. :p

fMpIq5B.gif

This is a bit of an odd one:

Demon King Daimao - Disc 1 Region A locked regardless, Disc 2: Bypass Method Title 3

Tried Disc 1 on both my PS3 & Samsung player once the Region lock screens the disc stops and you get sent back to the main menu but then Disc 2 allowed you to change the title like all other bypass method discs :confused:

I decided to test this with the High School of the Dead Limited Edition set (as the discs were re-authored to include the OVA), and I got this:

h0pa6oN.png

This set was released in November 2014, just before the Geolocking began. I don't think it's an error, more so Sentai probably trying to create a workaround on the set or they left it region free since the LE price was high.

In other words, I'll keep note of your method for future use!

I got that response for the Kyousougiga Blu-ray discs, which are very much locked to Region A.

One thing to note is that the TV episodes and the live action episodes 5.5 and 10.5 are on the DVD, but the rest of the extras, including the ONAs are on the Blu-ray only.

I got that response for the Kyousougiga Blu-ray discs, which are very much locked to Region A.

One thing to note is that the TV episodes and the live action episodes 5.5 and 10.5 are on the DVD, but the rest of the extras, including the ONAs are on the Blu-ray only.

Seems like that tester is solely for Sentai discs then.

Ehm.. that should not be possible. While it is somewhat tailored for Sentai discs (especially the country code stuff), it should at the very least detect any access to the region or country code registers. Without such an instruction the disc can not be locked to any region or country code.

If you don't mind, could you send me the MovieObject.bdmv file?

I've attached them down below. Had to rename them to get them to upload though. Files for Discs 1 and 2, which behave the same on the app.

Attachments

• MovieObjectD1 (1).txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 3
  • MovieObjectD1 (3).txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 4
I've attached them down below. Had to rename them to get them to upload though. Files for Discs 1 and 2, which behave the same on the app.
Thanks, I came to the same conclusion as the tool; there is simply no access to the region register.
What I did find was an interesting set of instructions that look like branching logic, but always result in the same title.

Do you by any chance have one of those tools running that removes encryption and region coding on the fly?

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion as the tool; there is simply no access to the region register.
What I did find was an interesting set of instructions that look like branching logic, but always result in the same title.

Do you by any chance have one of those tools running that removes encryption and region coding on the fly?

Yeah, DVD Passkey. That explains it. I cancelled the decrypt and tried the file and got the right answer. Region Locked to A.

Odd that it did that. It's given the right answer to other discs even after Passkey decrypted them.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya – Season 1 & Season 2 blu ray confirmed region B on
animeblurayuk.wordpress.com aswell

Last edited:
Back