Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Just seen it on the news. They have extented the warning to Austrailia & South America.

What happened to the early warning system that was developed after the last major tsunami in Asia?

I think it'd be best to show concern about the expected mass increasive in casualities to be reported later on, rather than J.C. Staff's drawing room xD

Well, my deepest sympathies go out to them in Japan (and maybe Hawaii). Better protection or not, a quake of that magnitude is going to do some damage, especially to the crops that have been swept away from the fields by the Tsunami.

As said before in the other topic, it's horrible and my thoughts go out to them. If they can't get anything done and out like JC staff may not be able too, that's fine, dealing with the damage and helping where possible takes priority. I just hope things begin to calm sooner rather than later.

Surely JC Staff are like, at least a couple of weeks ahead of what's currently airing? I know some shows rush to air, but jeez. Hope everyone's well though, and I certainly hope the otaku give companies like that respect in a time like this. :/

I get the feeling that a lot of things exporting from anywhere on the east coast of Japan will be delayed for quite some time. The death toll will be well over 1000, but hopfully under 10,000. My condolances to all involved with any loss of life and may the souls of those parished, rest in peace. They are in my prayers.

Poor japan I feel sorry for them. I hope they can turn this around and lets also hope that this does not hurt the economy.

It will hurt the economy. The markets open up again on Monday, so we'll see how much then - more knowledgeable people can probably predict such a thing.

Jayme said:
It will hurt the economy. The markets open up again on Monday, so we'll see how much then - more knowledgeable people can probably predict such a thing.

It'll be dependent on the scale of the damage by the end of sunday/start of monday. My guess would be to expect a good 2% drop at least in the Nikkei by the end of monday, if not more, and chances are it'll drop for most of that week. Probably won't stabilise for a wee while after that(i'm thinking going below 10k again) All this on a fairly uneducated guess of course. As for the yen, pffff. Harder to say. Might be a better time to import at the end next week maybe, can't say.

Back