Toradora! The Complete Series Review

Quoting from the article: This goes for the side characters too, who... have their own issues and romances to deal with, but are always shown earnestly going for it. Even if they come off unlikable at first... each character is written and developed in a way that means you will probably end up liking them anyway, despite their flaws.

I think this a big reason the show is so beloved. It so clearly cares about the whole cast and making their interactions meaningful.

I also think its crucial to the shows success that it goes more serious in the second half. It allows the full emotional weight of the characters feeling to play out and the story to actually have a strong resoultion. Without it, it woudlve been another will they/wont they comedy that didnt end. The shift in tone is a big part why the shift in story and development of full character arcs works so well. In my view anyway.

No doubt about it.. One of the best anime of all time... If not the best.. Still holding hope they will make a second season even after all this time

Back