Tokyopop to Close North American Publishing Division

Rui said:
Argh I was almost safe since I'd stopped following a lot of manga releases due to the incessant cancellations blighting the industry, but Hetalia v3 will vanish into the abyss :( along with Chibisan Date.

It's sad that a series which was regularly tearing through the sales charts since its release in English couldn't help them.

To make things worse it looks like it will affect the UK, because the English language versions made for Europe are imported from the USA.

Ian Wolf said:
Rui said:
Argh I was almost safe since I'd stopped following a lot of manga releases due to the incessant cancellations blighting the industry, but Hetalia v3 will vanish into the abyss :( along with Chibisan Date.

It's sad that a series which was regularly tearing through the sales charts since its release in English couldn't help them.

To make things worse it looks like it will affect the UK, because the English language versions made for Europe are imported from the USA.
wait you mean you thought the UK wasn't in the American market, lol.
It's only Tokyopop's German manga that's okay.

Reaper gI said:
wait you mean you thought the UK wasn't in the American market, lol.
It's only Tokyopop's German manga that's okay.

No I didn't know that, mainly because the UK is in Europe and not North America.

Ian Wolf said:
No I didn't know that, mainly because the UK is in Europe and not North America.
The books were priced only in US and Canadian dollars for a reason.
The only UK manga publishers were Tanoshimi (Del ray) and Titan books (realy old Viz Media). all the big ones are US imports, hence the selection of titles.

Reaper gI said:
Ian Wolf said:
The books were priced only in US and Canadian dollars for a reason.
The only UK manga publishers were Tanoshimi (Del ray) and Titan books (realy old Viz Media). all the big ones are US imports, hence the selection of titles.

I see. What languages does the European Tokyopop publish in. Is it just German or do they publish in more than one?

Reaper gI said:
Ian Wolf said:
I see. What languages does the European Tokyopop publish in. Is it just German or do they publish in more than one?
Just German, and they have very differnt licences than in English.
Yeah, they publish the Shonen Jump stuff in German (and I think French aswell). Plus, they're way ahead of VIZ aswell.
Amazon link to recent Tokyopop German releases: http://tiny.cc/tokyopopgmbh

Back