Tiffany Grant Interview Article, a slight correction of

Mohawk52

Thousand Master
Apologies to everyone for being a grammar "nazi" as some might call me, but I couldn't help but notice in that article Tiffany being called "Mrs. Grant" when the article then states that she is "married to Matt Greenfield". The correct way to address Tiffany then would be "Ms. Grant" if she wants to be addressed with her assumed maiden name. Miss for never married, Mrs. for married and using the sur name of the husband, or Ms. for not married anymore , and/or using maiden, or previous sur-name. I hope this was useful.

Thanks for this information, I had actually wondered about the proper meaning of 'Ms.' so it's nice to know. I'll be sure to update the article in due time.

One could easily assume that as a celebrity, albeit a minor one, Ms. Grant opted for the oft-taken route of retaining her own family's surname, for ease of recognition and to establish her own personality outside that of her husband.

That be it as it may, and of course her prerogative, but still in that case she should be known as Ms. Grant. :wink:
You're welcome Paul. I'm glad it was helpful.

Mutsumi said:
Actually, I believe you can be a Mrs & retain your maiden name. Marriage does not automatically change your surname, merely entitles you to the legal name change free of charge.

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/
You are correct that it is not a legal requirement, but as it is written at the deed poll site " although by tradition it is usually the case." And by this tradition it is seen as respectful to address someone in the gramatical ways that I have listed above. :wink:

Back