They Live

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
On tonight on Five US, at 10:40.

F*cking brilliant sci-fi film, really eerie and strange.

It may seem cheesy upon first watching, but it's classic.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

Saw this a few years back and was really mesmerised about the idea, and the entire time period, style it was set in really gives it that creepy, disturbing appearance.

I didn't actually know what it was called until browsing earlier, but I've been wanting to see it again for some time now.

Anyone who has seen this know's what I'm talking about.

bush_they_live.jpg

I saw this film on sci-fi last year, i thought it was pretty good, suprised to see that 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper didn't suck unlike some other wrestler turned actors...Some good lines in the movie as well.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and i'm all out of bubblegum" might of got the in the wrong order but hey...

BlackWolf said:
I saw this film on sci-fi last year, i thought it was pretty good, suprised to see that 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper didn't suck unlike some other wrestler turned actors...Some good lines in the movie as well.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and i'm all out of bubblegum" might of got the in the wrong order but hey...
An wrestler whos a good actor. You lie.

eggybob said:
BlackWolf said:

Hey all i said was that he didn't suck :p I said nothing about if he was good or not :wink:

BlackWolf said:
eggybob said:
BlackWolf said:

Hey all i said was that he didn't suck :p I said nothing about if he was good or not :wink:
Best wrestling actor ever . . . Terry "Hulk" Hogan, in such classics as santa with muscles and Thunder in paradise 2

eggybob said:
Best wrestling actor ever . . . Terry "Hulk" Hogan, in such classics as santa with muscles and Thunder in paradise 2

I've never heard of those movies till now :eek: the only ones i was aware of with hulk hogan in was Rocky III (i know he's in one of the films but i'm not sure which one) Mr Nanny and 3 ninjas at thunder mountain.

BlackWolf said:
eggybob said:

I've never heard of those movies till now :eek: the only ones i was aware of with hulk hogan in was Rocky III (i know he's in one of the films but i'm not sure which one) Mr Nanny and 3 ninjas at thunder mountain.
DON'T watch them, they are the poorest of the poor. I could act better, a lettuce could act better

BlackWolf said:
Kurogane said:
Seems I dropped a major bollock.

It was actually on Sci-fi. :lol:

Don't worry i found it anyway :p and i was wrong in my quote earlier, got the bubblegum and kick ass part the wrong way round

That was so awesome.

The 5 or so minute fight scene was great too, and it was especially funny Frank calls him a dirty motherf***er. :lol:

Awesome.

Kurogane said:
The 5 or so minute fight scene was great too, and it was especially funny Frank calls him a dirty motherf***er. :lol:

Awesome.
That awesome 5 minute alley fight was recreated in an episode of South Park. It’s done as a fight between Timmy and Jimmy – hence the episode title ‘Cripple Fight’. Not quite as good as the real thing but pretty funny.

Maybe my favourite thing about They Live is the film score. Composed by Carpenter himself it is a brilliant piece of 80’s bleakness. Halloween III is another good Carpenter film if you enjoy his scores.

I love this movie. Haven't seen it for years, infact it had faded away into the background like so many others. Cheers for the reminder Kurogane. Mite be a bit cheesy but the idea behind the movie is masterfull.

Back