The Voices of a Distant Stars ???

valha

Stand User
Has anyone seen this???
Im thinking of getting it, it looks like something i would enjoy but i would like to know more about it frist.

absolutely beautiful, and quite heart-wrenching as well.
good mix of the romance and the sci-fi mecha.
The animation is amazing, especially seeing as he did it just about all by himself. and the soundtrack is spot on. would definately recommend this to ya

I liked it personally. Reminded me a bit of Gunbuster. Although 20 quid is a bit much for a half hour animé. You can get it for a tenner off play.com or sendit.com though.

One final thing. The end of the animé, while fitting, isn't the end of the story. There was a novelisation in Japan which features what happens after the events of the animé.

You can download a translation of this ending here:

http://world.std.com/~chadwick/Translations/Hoshi_no_Koe.doc

I'm sure I don't have to tell you to avoid reading this until after you've seen the animé :mrgreen:

I saw this about 2 years ago at a friends house, I thought the storyline had wonderful potential and I know it's a sideline from something else (can't remember what) but it just left me feeling frustrated because it was too short :(

MangaMinX said:
Its a short, but beautifully touching anime, loved every moment of it. Highly recommended.

I'll second that. And it looks like Amazon are selling it for £10.97, so now's the time to pick up a copy. The DVD also has a reasonable selection of extras including a director's cut version and another short "She and Her Cat". Actually, if I remember correctly, there's supposed to be 75 mins of extras as compared to 30 mins of actual film.

Red XIII said:
Actually, if I remember correctly, there's supposed to be 75 mins of extras as compared to 30 mins of actual film.
ADV put that on the case on purpose lol, to make sure people didnt take one look and say "rip off!!"

Its great and the fact one person did all the animation just makes it all the better.

Its a very touching and moving anime... quite short tho. do not pay £20 for it like i did lol...

The style of the cg and traditional animation takes a little while to get used to but its very original and well i like it lol

Basically if u can find it for a tenner or so go for it cos its well worth it, it gave my heart a squeeze at least :)

Just pick this up for £11.99 on play so its just a few days untill i find out if it was worth the cash but for £11.99 dont sound bad. :)

NeoN247 said:
Its a very touching and moving anime... quite short tho. do not pay £20 for it like i did lol...
Where did you buy it then? Virgin Megastores (where i got it) had it priced at 13.99, witch isnt bad

like i said "I Just pick this up for £11.99 on play"
meaning i just orded it from play.com.

Maybe pick up was not the best word to use.

IanC said:
NeoN247 said:
Where did you buy it then? Virgin Megastores (where i got it) had it priced at 13.99, witch isnt bad

Amazon i think, may have been $20 :? cos i was importing sum battle royale manga, highly recomended btw lol

Back