The on-going saga of UK release dates

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UKAnime.com have posted the DVD cover-art for the upcoming UK release of (Salaryman) Kintaro (courtesy of Artsmagic UK). The first volume is due on the 2nd of May.

In other UK release news, Play.com are listing some of MVM's April DVD releases (including GunGrave #1 and Haibane Renmei #1) with a release date of 18th April; 2 weeks later than originally expected. We await confirmation of these changes from official sources. Thanks go to Valha for this information.

UK fans should also be aware that Geneon recently announced the US acquisition of Fafner, a highly rated new mecha series. Given MVM have plans to release many of Geneon's newer shows (Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, Gungrave); speculation about a UK release for this popular new anime should be well within the realms of possibility.

I wish when they decide to give a release date they know that, that is a definite date. I get so annoyed when I know a dvd is out the following week I want, I watch the previous dvd of the series if I`ve already collected. Pop off to the shop to buy it and can`t find it anywhere for the love of money. Pop online and find its been delayed for 2-3 weeks, I tend to find myself constantly checking release dates on website now. To make sure nothing been pushed back.

Yay for new mecha anime, always a good thing. ( Hopefully no delays there either ).

Hang on, I'm only speculating about MVM picking up Fafner given their recent connections with Geneon ;) Just to make sure no one misunderstands, MVM don't have Fafner! :)

Oh I know MVM getting this for UK release is just speculation. Ill just buy the R1's eventually though if they dont! , so pleased to see it licensed in gemeral.

Anonymous said:
Oh I know MVM getting this for UK release is just speculation. Ill just buy the R1's eventually though if they dont! , so pleased to see it licensed in gemeral.

That was me , forgot to sign in :roll:

I've been used to release dates shifting around ever since I started buying video games, so by now I just kind of accept it. This time around though I am a little annoyed about having to wait even longer for the final volume of Kiddy Grade, however, I can always use the 'quiet weeks' to catch up on buying older or R1 releases.

I imagine Soukyuu No Fafner would be given it's alternate name of Dead Aggressor!! but that would be a UK title I would look forward to if it's released here. I recently watched the entire thing on fansub and it surpassed any other mech anime I've watched in the past :D

I noticed one of MVMs April releases was LA Blue Girl, wonder how much of that passed the censorship :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
I noticed one of MVMs April releases was LA Blue Girl, wonder how much of that passed the censorship :lol:

La blue girls is being done by Animazing and i hear that the BBFC have made a few cuts to it already but it looks like it will be coming out in the uk. Lets just hope the cuts are not to drastic.

valha said:
La blue girls is being done by Animazing and i hear that the BBFC have made a few cuts to it already but it looks like it will be coming out in the uk. Lets just hope the cuts are not to drastic.

I don't think La Blue Girl, BBFC and not too drastic cuts can be put together in the same sentence :lol:
I think I'll stick to Urotsukidoji, only so many tentacles I can stomach :twisted:

Looks like I`m going to have to cruise the net for more info on Fafner now after reading these posts.

Miaka-chan said:
valha said:

I don't think La Blue Girl, BBFC and not too drastic cuts can be put together in the same sentence :lol:
I think I'll stick to Urotsukidoji, only so many tentacles I can stomach :twisted:

There's nothing new on the BBFC site since they rejected it in 1996.
Hmms.

MangaMinX said:
Isnt Animazing releasing L.A. Blue Girl Returns , rather than L.A, Blue Girl?
It is Returns, but it's still full of tentacles and stuff :oops:
Na I'm kidding, I don't mind LA Blue Girl but just NEVER watch the live action version - shudders :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
Na I'm kidding, I don't mind LA Blue Girl but just NEVER watch the live action version - shudders :lol:

wow that sounds petter scary there no way that would get though the BBFC :)

Back