The Number 23

The movie hasnt realy intrested me. Hes a great actor but when it xomes to summit serious in a movie he lets himself down

It looks interesting and i'm looking forward to seeing it. It might be just a coinsidence but most of the people who didn't actually like it are fans of Carrey's comedy movies and say they don't understand why he doesn't just keep doing comedy. Well maybe he didn't want to be stuck as the funny man? Maybe he wanted to prove to himself and others that he has a wider range of acting talent. Even if the movie fails I'm not going to hold it against him for trying to expand himself.

Personally I gotta disagree about Carrey sticking to comedy though. I never liked him in his so called comedy films and it wasn't until I saw him in The Truman Show and later Eternal Sunshine he proved himself to me to be an excellent actor. His performance in The Majestic was also good but I thought the movie was a dragged out bore with an overly patriotic ending. While I consider Ace Ventura one of the worst movies i've seen I also consider The Truman Show one of the best.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
It looks interesting and i'm looking forward to seeing it. It might be just a coinsidence but most of the people who didn't actually like it are fans of Carrey's comedy movies and say they don't understand why he doesn't just keep doing comedy. Well maybe he didn't want to be stuck as the funny man? Maybe he wanted to prove to himself and others that he has a wider range of acting talent. Even if the movie fails I'm not going to hold it against him for trying to expand himself.

Personally I gotta disagree about Carrey sticking to comedy though. I never liked him in his so called comedy films and it wasn't until I saw him in The Truman Show and later Eternal Sunshine he proved himself to me to be an excellent actor. His performance in The Majestic was also good but I thought the movie was a dragged out bore with an overly patriotic ending. While I consider Ace Ventura one of the worst movies i've seen I also consider The Truman Show one of the best.

I like ALL his movies, its just the old comedies he did just always had me in hysterics, and hes probably the only actor to ever get me to laugh that hard on more than one occasion.

As for being stuck as the funny man, he made his mark by acting out comedy and doing stand up, so obviously hes a natural when it comes to drawing out laughter.

+ he was the first actor to talk out of his ass :lol:

While i love Jim careys form of comedy it's nice to see he can act seriously too. But yes Dumb and Dumber was his best film.

Dumb & Dumber was truly hilarious, however I'd have to say his Ace Ventura films were the best IMO; the funniest lines, and the inane wardrobe he sports all the time xD

Jim Carrey = win

I really like him and think that a lot of his work is funny. His serious work like The Truman Show was one of his best pieces of work and I don't mind what types of film he does in the future.

I think he should be given more credit as an actor, many people underrate him because of his OTT behaviour in a few of his films but I think they are some of his best performances.

I like most of Carrey's films, the ones that stick out the most though would have to be Eternal Sunshine and The truman show in which he was brilliant. I do like his comedy roles, like from Bruce Almighty and Ace Ventura, but i think he shone out more in his more serious roles.

I love it where he takes a really deep breathe inwards and then spurts like 10 sentences all at once until he can't breathe hardly lol. :D

WTFDaveMustaine said:
The only pure comedy I really liked him in was Bruce Almighty. That was a great movie.

Lol, the part where hes messing with the anchorman (forgot his name o.o) and making him do weird noises and stuff; apparantly Carrey had like 10 mins of footage of him doing that, but they had to heavily cut it down xD

Jim Carey.................... enough said?

Ok some more, can't stand him so I will probably not watch this one little bit

Hyaku said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
The only pure comedy I really liked him in was Bruce Almighty. That was a great movie.

Lol, the part where hes messing with the anchorman (forgot his name o.o) and making him do weird noises and stuff; apparantly Carrey had like 10 mins of footage of him doing that, but they had to heavily cut it down xD

Bruce Almighty is getting a sequel, EVAN ALMIGHTY and this time its the Anchorman who gets to play NOHA and build the Arch

McIcy said:
pomtry said:
Agreed, probably as much as a sham of the prequel to Dumb & Dumber; now that really blew ass

Dont even mention that it was just a complete waste of time and money.

Yeah its painful to watch and I don't think i actually laughed once

There was only one part I laughed at and that was when they started slapping each other because there faces where numb

pomtry said:
McIcy said:
pomtry said:
Agreed, probably as much as a sham of the prequel to Dumb & Dumber; now that really blew ass

Dont even mention that it was just a complete waste of time and money.

Yeah its painful to watch and I don't think i actually laughed once

There was only one part I laughed at and that was when they started slapping each other because there faces where numb

I think everyone who seen the movie found the part where his chocolate bar melts in his pocket, and somehow he manages to smear it across everywhere in the bathroom, and as soon as the girls father goes into the bathroom, he starts freaking out about how he thinks theres **** smeared all over the walls.

IMO, the rest of the movie was ******* CRAP.

I'm ashamed I even own a copy of it. :(

Back