Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nausicaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
The 6th round see's Kino (yes i was shocked to find out kino is a girl myself) against Studio Ghibli's very own bug beater Nausicaa

kinosj_cc.jpg

Kino

nausicaa-glider.jpg

Activate..............

wait this isn't robot wars is it.

i vote for nausicaa as well..for more or less the same reason though i knew kino was a girl

Nausicaa... well, the film was awful, but the manga develops Nausicaa much more, making her quite an interesting character. Still, at the end of the day she's too much a standard Ghibli heroine to get my vote - she's too flawless.

So my vote goes to Kino - Kino the traveller, Kino the observer, Kino the gunslinger. With her desire to see new places, to help where she can and to stand by where she cannot (or should not), she's one of my last 3 favourite characters left in.

And yes, she has no chance of winning :cry: .

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:
That picture of Nausicaa is terrible. She looks like a transexual body builder! Use something like this:

http://apike.ca/images/anime/nausicaa/n ... glider.jpg

Anyway, both of these characters deserve to go through, though I'm siding with Kino because she will probably need the support.

i'm trying to save u bandwidth paul ^^

but if you wish
Who cares if a server or 2 overloads, it's only a pic... ;)

I vote Kino. Yes... Until the episode of how Kino got her name, I thought she was a dude. ^_^'
But for a kid, she's highly intelligent, a sharp shooter, and has a very desireable attitude. :)
Although talking to giant bugs is no easy chore either.

Ramadahl said:
she's too much a standard Ghibli heroine to get my vote - she's too flawless.
She befriends bugs, giant bio-mechanical behemoths and basically condemns humanity to extinction by destroying the one entity that can rebuild humans who can breathe in an unpolluted world. If anything, 'The standard Ghibli heroine' is more like Kino. A generic, passive vessel for the camera to follow whilst everyone else tells the story.

I don't mind Kino, but she's not a character I can ever feel connected to. She's borderline Emo for starters. Sure, Nausicaa is a little too much about flightly environmental conscience, but Kino just seems such a moody, broody character.

kupoartist said:
Ramadahl said:
she's too much a standard Ghibli heroine to get my vote - she's too flawless.
She befriends bugs, giant bio-mechanical behemoths and basically condemns humanity to extinction by destroying the one entity that can rebuild humans who can breathe in an unpolluted world.
Granted, but I still think my point stands. Her actions, based on compassion and justice, make her the "perfect" heroine, however this is done to such an extent as to make her appear less human. Rather than an actual person, she's more like a collection of ideals. In other words, she's too good to be realistic.

kupoartist said:
If anything, 'The standard Ghibli heroine' is more like Kino. A generic, passive vessel for the camera to follow whilst everyone else tells the story.
Well, I guess I can take your word on what the standard Ghibli heroine is like, as I think you've seen more than I have. But while Kino is often a passive observer there are numerous occasions where she intervenes. The fact that she doesn't always intervene is part of the reason I like her - she's not just some cliche hero going from town to town saving people.

kupoartist said:
I don't mind Kino, but she's not a character I can ever feel connected to. She's borderline Emo for starters. Sure, Nausicaa is a little too much about flightly environmental conscience, but Kino just seems such a moody, broody character.
Um, I'm not entirely sure what emo means, but Kino's certainly a very introverted character. I don't know that she was ever really moody though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back