The computer side of drawing/colouring manga

I expect the more you pay the better it is with a graphics tablet just like anything else, but mine is the smallest size you can get, a Wacom, and well under £30 (can't remember how much exactly though) and it does the job, it probably isn't so touch sensitive as a more expensive one, but fine for amateur work like my own, and i'm not sure how the size itself makes much difference at all

Excellent! Good to hear. I'm sure that if you're really into the drawing and want to produce professional quality pics without the mouse hassle, then the top of the range tablets are the way to go, but for somebody like me with just a passing interest would be best advised to steer clear of the expensive stuff.

I'll happily sit and doodle some manga pics, then try to colour them on computer afterwards. I'm happy just doing that. I might make a mini-manga (or whatever the Japanese name for that is) just for my own personal interest, but it's not going to go anywhere really.
________
CHRYSLER SARATOGA HISTORY

Just started using a cheap graphics tablet with Photoshop Elements 2, but already find it easier than using the mouse. I've only ever tried a demo version of PaintShop Pro 8. I found it more intuitive to use than the Photoshop series, but couldn't justify the cost at the time.

Lately I've considered getting E-Frontier's Manga Studio Debut, has anyone had any experience of this package or the Pro version?

Mr B said:
Lately I've considered getting E-Frontier's Manga Studio Debut, has anyone had any experience of this package or the Pro version?
I've got that program, i don't have much experience with it though. Currently i've just found it quite complicated despite alot of people saying how easy it was to use. I followed the instructions exactly and i was never even able to print anything out full page without any print margins.
But what it says it does is quite good, and i'm sure it probably just takes some getting used to like most programs

Back