The Cat Returns coming to UK cinemas

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Studio Ghibli's The Cat Returns has been acquired by Optimum Releasing and will see a (most likely limited) UK cinema release in March '05 before eventually getting a UK DVD release in or around September '05.

The Cat Returns was recently screened in the UK as part of the Cambridge Film Festival.

I would say "yay!" in a really loud voice if I thought it would actually be in a Cinema I can get to, but that's unlikely :(
If Whisper of the Heart gets a UK release as well, then I will be a very happy bunny :lol:

Isn't The Cat Returns supposed to be some kind of spin-off from Whisper of the Heart?

Most Asian films seem to be getting rather limited art-house cinema releases. I was lucky enough to see Oldboy (Korean film) in October, so fingers crossed the likes of Steamboy and Howl's Moving Castle receive at least similiar releases.

Whisper of the Heart won't get released in the cinema, it was already shown at a Ghibli festival a couple of years ago, so you'd only ever catch it in a random arthouse screening. But hopefully it'll be released along with the other ghibli films that are getting (slooowly) released.

Back