The Brittas Empire

Sy

Time-Traveller
Oh lord how I love this show. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger and now i've just picked up the boxset and get to watch the whole 7 series all over again. In my opinion this is Chris Barries best work and yes i'm including Red Dwarf.

Who else used to watch this? :D

Watched this a few weeks ago in Germany it still makes me laugh. Chris Barrie is brilliant in it I don't know how he managed to keep a straight face while filming the series

cornixt said:
It was the way that each episode would start rather normally and then you'd see all the little events build into some huge disaster.

Yeah it did have that Spiralling out of control feeling didn't it

hopeful_monster said:
No a fan of cringe humour.
I'm not either, but i loved the Brittas Empire, Chris Barrie is great. Love Red Dwarf, love Rimmer, so it was a easy transition to watch the Brittas Empire. I havn't watched it in so long though, but i can never go into a swimming pool without thinking of the episode with the Shark, lol

Was a big of Red Dwarf fan right from the start - have to admire Chris Barrie too - anyone that can make a Channel five program on 'Big Machines' vaguely entertaining and amusing deserves some respect.

I never seemed to make the transistion to Brittas Empire though - could be that I fall in line with hopeful_monster in not being a fan of cringe humour - but it could be that i can't remember ever sitting down and watching a whole episode of it :?

Perhaps it needs re-investigating...

Back