The Beginner’s Guide to the Fate Franchise

D

darkstorm

The Fate franchise has produced over 12 years of anime material, but with over 10 different series and movies, where does a newcomer even begin? Anime UK News provides a beginner's guide to the mega-franchise, to help you start on your Fate journey.

Continue reading...

I'd say that the DEEN adaptions should be presented as optional as they spoil some of the other routes in their questionable mix of content.

If all the Heaven's Feel movies were out today, the watch order would be DEEN's Fate/Stay Night (optional) -> Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (ufotable) -> Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel movies 1 to 3 -> Fate/Zero. This is the intended order as Zero majorly spoils the Fate/Stay Night routes.

Since they're not all out though, you could go for DEEN's F/SN -> Unlimited Blade Works (ufotable) -> Zero -> Heaven's Feel if you don't want to wait for all of the HF movies to come out first.

Last edited:
I watched in release order which meant that my expectations for F/Z were really low. Unfortunately, after really enjoying F/Z the rest of the series never clicked for me and I came to the conclusion that I only actually like Zero; had I scheduled that one last I'd never have got that far before dropping the series (which I did straight after watching ufotable's UBW in full).

It's tricky because I think there are probably a lot of people outside the main Fate audience (which is massive in itself) who will only like individual parts of the anime series.

(Nice article, darkstorm!)

R

Back