Survey on UK manga readers and their images of Japan - YOU,

annagy

Hikikomori
Dear manga/comics reader,

This is to invite UK manga readers to participate in an international survey on Japanese comics and their readers. Participation involves completion of a questionnaire about your experience of manga. We are also asking UK manga readers to ask friends who are non-readers of manga to complete a questionnaire about their image of Japan.

Since 2006, a team of French, Italian, German, and Swiss scholars have been working on a project that compares the audiences for manga in several countries. The research team is called the “Manga Network.” The leader of the research project is Jean-Marie Bouissou, a senior research fellow at the CERI – Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Internationales, a department of the Grande École “Sciences-Po” (political sciences) in Paris, France. The project is supported by Sciences-Po, the Japan Foundation, the University of Kobe and the JSPS (Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science).

The goal of this research is to compare the experiences and specificities of several national audiences for manga in Europe. The results of the first survey will be published in journals and books.

If you are from the UK, would like more information about the survey, or are willing to participate in the survey, please send an email to:

[email protected]

Questionnaires will be sent to you by return.

Thank you in advance. Please forward this post to your friends!

Hi,

yes, it is legitimate - I'm a scholar at London Metropolitan University working on this project, and you can read my profile here:

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/depts/dass/s ... s/home.cfm

As I needed to keep this project distinct from other projects I am working on, I had to set up a separate email address. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in filling out the questionnaire and contributing to the project.

Back