Suki na mono no wa suki Dakara Shouganai!! - Sukisyo.

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Transalated as I like what I like, so there!!

OK, I know it's yaoi and I also know that 95% of this forum is male but after having just watched episode 6, I just have to recommend it :D

I have watched many comedy anime but none have made me laugh til I cried like this one does, I mean literal tears of laughter streaming down my face!

If there is anyone here who can watch B/L (I know a lot of male Gravitation fans) so if you like Gravi you will love this!
It's set in an all boys school and the 2 main characters have alter egos (a little like in DN Angel - Daisuke/Dark etc) but that's where the yaoi comes in, in the daily guise they are straight (well it appears that way :lol: ) but their other personalities are a couple :wink:
If you can stomach the odd yaoi scene (average of about 1 minute tops!), most of which are infact very amusing! you should really check this out :D
It is based on a Japanese dating sim game, here is the official site if you feel like checking it out!!
http://sukisyo.tv/

As Ive said before I really like this show , and recommend it myself :D , havent seen as many episodes , but its a fun show and im sure even guys out there can enjoy it.

Sounds interesting: I'll check this out. Yaoi is, of course, not as good as yuri, but it's still fun. Not sure why, but I just find it very amusing for some reason...and it it's supposed to be a comedy, all the better.

Colin said:
Sounds interesting: I'll check this out. Yaoi is, of course, not as good as yuri, but it's still fun. Not sure why, but I just find it very amusing for some reason...and it it's supposed to be a comedy, all the better.

That's exactly how you need to look at it!
I think there's going to be a deeper underlying story but at the moment, for comedy, this rates #1!!

i have heard of Yaoi before, but seemd to have frgotten what it is, can anyone please tell me what it means, and the ohter word, Yuri or wotever.

Shounen-ai - guy on guy relationship
Yaoi - the more intimate/sexual side of a guy on guy relationship

Shoujo-ai - girl on girl relationship
Yuri - the more intimate/sexual side of a girl on girl relationship

MangaMinX said:
Shounen-ai - guy on guy relationship
Yaoi - the more intimate/sexual side of a guy on guy relationship

Or the more simplified term B/L (boy love :wink: ). This series is both Yaoi and Shounen-ai (some of the scenes are a little raunchier than others :lol: ).

MangaMinX said:
Yuri - the more intimate/sexual side of a girl on girl relationship

I'm now wondering who made up this word for girl love, as the proper dictionary definition of yuri is;

13 Romaji yuri [ yuri ] (n) vibration, flickering, jolting, tremor
Or lily

The vibration bit has me thinking though :lol:

It sounds really good, i have to say i am a bit of a yaoi fan and if it's a comedy then that makes it even better.

Darn, another anime i have to download without broadband, i havn't even had the chance to download Peach girl yet

Videl said:
isn't yuri a common girl name in japan too lol

That would be the lily side of it!!

In the dictionary I was looking at, under yaoi, it actually said it was purely made up for anime/manga B/L but there was no metion of Yuri having anything to do with G/L.

Ah yes Yuri is quite a popular girls name in japan, and my sister used it in part of her username with Neo Pet. I think she called herself Ai_Yuri, i can't remember what Ai means, possibly 'love', if so it's probably not the most appropriate name for her to choose.

Charter_Mage said:
Ah yes Yuri is quite a popular girls name in japan, and my sister used it in part of her username with Neo Pet. I think she called herself Ai_Yuri, i can't remember what Ai means, possibly 'love', if so it's probably not the most appropriate name for her to choose.

Ai means love , yep

Ooops, i helped her choose that name as well.
I'm not sure if i want to tell her or not, she'll either get really embarressed or....she'll just kill me

"Ai" is also a (girls') name itself. It also means "indigo", and is a prefix meaning "joint" or "together", as well as "love". And it's how they pronounce the English word "eye".

Japanese is fun! Not to mention horribly complicated.

My 18 month old daughter has a Japanese name :D
I spent a long time looking up meanings for her 2nd name and I found one I liked!

Sakura is her first name, which we all know means cherry blossom.
Natsu is her 2nd name, one of the meanings I found was "born in summer", which she was (August).
I did find some other meanings for Natsu but I stick with mine!

BTW Chater_Mage, Ai_Yuri can just be taken for it's nice meaning of Love and lily the flower, so it can mean love of lilies or flowers I guess, so I wouldn't worry :D

Colin said:
"Ai" is also a (girls') name itself. It also means "indigo", and is a prefix meaning "joint" or "together", as well as "love". And it's how they pronounce the English word "eye".

Japanese is fun! Not to mention horribly complicated.
Japanese really is complicated, i hope to learn it, but after studying French for five years and not getting much further than Bonjour i don't think i reall have a knack for languages.

Miaka-chan said:
My 18 month old daughter has a Japanese name
I spent a long time looking up meanings for her 2nd name and I found one I liked!

Sakura is her first name, which we all know means cherry blossom.
Natsu is her 2nd name, one of the meanings I found was "born in summer", which she was (August).
I did find some other meanings for Natsu but I stick with mine!

BTW Chater_Mage, Ai_Yuri can just be taken for it's nice meaning of Love and lily the flower, so it can mean love of lilies or flowers I guess, so I wouldn't worry
Sakura Natsu, your daughter has a really beautiful name, if i have kids at some point in my life then i am defiantly going to call them either a name from a anime or just a really nice japanese name.

And yeah, i think i will just keep the meaning as love of lilies and i havn't decided whether i will tell my sister the alternate meaning yet

Charter_Mage said:
Japanese really is complicated, i hope to learn it, but after studying French for five years and not getting much further than Bonjour i don't think i reall have a knack for languages.

I hate languages, English is hard enough :lol:
I'll just stick to picking up Japanese as I watch anime. I remember more Japanese words and short phrases that way than I ever would with books!
I would LOVE to learn Japanese but I know I have no knack for languages either and my brain is a mass of fog these days :lol:

Back