Spotted an interesting opinion post - Ecchi Anime Under Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more context would be nice... I'm going to change the thread title as I thought it was some kind of news at first.

It seemed like a mostly sexist rant aimed at this person's (largely imaginary) enemies in his corner of the Internet rather than anything solid or relevant to the vast majority of people?

R

Last edited:
There's a couple of things I've noticed about the internet in recent years, which personally I blame on ease of internet access and social media for allowing people to think their opinions matter to anyone other than themselves.

The first one is people getting bent out of shape that others dare enjoy things they find objectionable and seemingly devoting their lives to stopping people doing things they don't like. Presumably as a distraction from having no meaning in their own first-world-problem lives. The second is the people who do enjoy those things developing victim complexes and paranoia and feeling like they're being oppressed and have to "fight back". Presumably as a distraction from having no meaning in their own first-world-problem lives.

I feel like these problems could easily be solved by people simply ignoring each other. Stop caring what anyone else is doing, and stop caring even if other people don't like what you're doing. People care far too much what other people think of them and this is an attitude I'd rather had remained in real life than ruined the internet, which sadly I think it has.

Last edited:
I clicked through on some of the other links and noticed that the site is really quite bad. If you want to start the same debate here (which is fine and I'll cheerfully contribute) without the weird slant and obvious links to softcore erotica which add nothing to the argument, please go ahead in a new thread.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back