Spoopy Anime

I thought it was obvious I was joking!

Despite being a fan of the manga and ufotable I haven't actually watched it myself yet.

Only 2 of my MAL friends have seen it. @Neil.T gave it a 2/10, not great but could be worse. However, @Blaize rated it 7/10 so just depends who's opinion you value higher. 😅

Despite being a fan of the manga and ufotable I haven't actually watched it myself yet.

Only 2 of my MAL friends have seen it. @Neil.T gave it a 2/10, not great but could be worse. However, @Blaize rated it 7/10 so just depends who's opinion you value higher. 😅

It's an 8/10 for me, but not because it's 'good'. I love it for being a cheesy exploitation b-movie.

Gyo is just fantastic, it’s a relentless ride of sex, violence, and walking fish, it’s a b-movie horror writ large, with great action set pieces, an unlikely menace, and just as many laughs as it has thrills. It’s got the mankind paying for its own pollution eco-message, it’s got imperfect yet likeable characters, it’s got a mad scientist, and it’s got sharks on legs that jump through windows. And its story just gets wilder and more bizarre as the film goes on. It just goes to prove that even the most absurd of premises will work in anime if the budget is high enough, and the animation is of sufficient quality.

I wrote that about it when I reviewed it.

Ah well you fooled me then lol

Hahaha you got me too, but clearly that is easy if you their around names like Ito & ufotable!! Started reading a review on ANN and had to double-take and reread a few times before confirming it was in fact the same one you referred to.... And then the penny dropped heheh.

Regardless, I have no doubt whatsoever that it is still TERRIBLY GOOOOOOD!

I watched it with friends and they both hated it but I loved how strange it was. I haven't read the manga so every bizarre twist and turn had me so engaged. It's not good but it's wonderfully crazy imo and the animation being somewhat 'different' made it just even more engaging.

Not an anime, but given potentially limited streaming runtime on bbc iPlayer, I wanted to mention The Terror, which is currently streaming and is a horror fan's delight.

Back