Some Beez Tweets

Yeah, Kaze released.. or are releasing Geass on BD in either France or Germany, so I wouldn't think it's out of the question if they release it here, too.

Just Passing Through said:
But apparently we will see Code Geass again, but not from Beez.

My money is on Kaze via Manga, and in the wild realm of possibility, even on Blu.

Good guess :). Code Geass is already released in France on BD by Kaze and the German release is scheduled for end of 2012. KazeUK probably releases it in 2013 in the UK.

Yeah, I kinda posted a link about it on the News Thread. Anyway, while it's reassuring that Beez are coming to the MCM expo (Probably won't have Bebop, which is a shame because I really want that on DVD), this probably might be the last time we see Beez on a convention floor ever again. That and I won't have any money to buy even one single DVD from them, and that's if I'm able to go.

I'll give you guys some of the scoop now as it'll be me talking for Beez anyway WRT the situation and a press release will follow anyway. Unlike the BEI situation what I wanted to ensure was done before any real announcement was make was make sure that all the licenses I could were either:

A) Saved.
B) On their way to being saved.
C) Knew where they were going already.

There's nothing more frustrating than no news than a "Lolkthxforallthefishbye!" message or a much politer iteration then nothing on any of the titles.

Most are still in category (B) as it can be a long process to arrange and you can never avoid some shows falling between the cracks but I know an announcement is long overdue so it will be arranged.

So in many ways the lack of news is my fault - apologies for that.

Andrew

kaze_andrew said:
I'll give you guys some of the scoop now as it'll be me talking for Beez anyway WRT the situation and a press release will follow anyway. Unlike the BEI situation what I wanted to ensure was done before any real announcement was make was make sure that all the licenses I could were either:

A) Saved.

There's nothing more frustrating than no news than a "Lolkthxforallthefishbye!" message or a much politer iteration then nothing on any of the titles.

Most are still in category (B) as it can be a long process to arrange and you can never avoid some shows falling between the cracks but I know an announcement is long overdue so it will be arranged.

Andrew

So, you mean all the Beez licenses will be transferred to Kaze? If so, awesome! Good to know they will be in safe hands :)

Also, what would the possibility be on a re-release of Durarara!!? Particularly with the dub, or maybe even BD since that out in Japan soon.

kaze_andrew said:

A) Saved.

Andrew

Thanks for the news Andrew, glad that your attempting to save most of the Beez licenses. ^_^

Just my uneducated opinion, but I'd be surprised if the Bandai sourced stuff will be saved, at least immediately. I doubt that any of the Gundam franchise, the Cowboy Bebops and the Wolf's Rains will easily escape Beez/Bandai's contractual grasp, but I fully expect the non-B stuff to be rescued, Durarara, Tatami Galaxy and the like.

Just Passing Through said:
Just my uneducated opinion, but I'd be surprised if the Bandai sourced stuff will be saved, at least immediately. I doubt that any of the Gundam franchise, the Cowboy Bebops and the Wolf's Rains will easily escape Beez/Bandai's contractual grasp, but I fully expect the non-B stuff to be rescued, Durarara, Tatami Galaxy and the like.

All licenses are up for rescue, you just have to be able to put forward the correct points :). Every company cares about making money though and having licenses in limbo is bad for everyone which is why I've been working on it.

So no title is excluded really - in fact I've been consulting on both actually and am pleased to say both sides are on their way to being fixed :).

TL;DR version - it's not just non-Beez/Bandai sourced titles on the rescue list.

Andrew

Paradox295 said:
So, you mean all the Beez licenses will be transferred to Kaze? If so, awesome! Good to know they will be in safe hands :)

Not all of them - some will go to other homes probably but I'm doing my best to make sure each one is cared for.

Paradox295 said:
Also, what would the possibility be on a re-release of Durarara!!? Particularly with the dub, or maybe even BD since that out in Japan soon.

I'm keen to see this happen, DRR was a pet project of mine but due to my departure from Beez I was unable to see it through which I am sorry for to everyone.

It's a good title so I'd say the chances of re-release with dub are pretty good.

Sorry it's vague detail but I hope it's useful :)

Andrew

kaze_andrew said:
Paradox295 said:

Not all of them - some will go to other homes probably but I'm doing my best to make sure each one is cared for.
Awesome! Will the ones that do get transferred to Kaze be re-released as soon as possible, or would it be a Bluray thing like Black Lagoon?

kaze_andrew said:
Paradox295 said:

I'm keen to see this happen, DRR was a pet project of mine but due to my departure from Beez I was unable to see it through which I am sorry for to everyone.

It's a good title so I'd say the chances of re-release with dub are pretty good.

Sorry it's vague detail but I hope it's useful :)

Andrew
Sweet! Can't wait!

I was curious if there would be some kind of partnership between Kaze and Beez. Thanks for the positive news Andrew, are we likely to find out what the licenses are that have been rescued announced at MCM?

Has Gundam 00 been saved?

I'm trying to work out if i need to import the 2nd season from the US or wait for a release over here.

Yrag86 said:

I'm trying to work out if i need to import the 2nd season from the US or wait for a release over here.

I'm confident something will be worked out there - depends how urgently you want it though :).

Andrew

I know it's a long shot, but any chance of a vague "possible" or "improbable" to the suggestion Geass and 00 might reappear on Blu-ray, Andrew?

Beez Tweeted again

List of titles available at Expo...

We'll have for sure: Hack//GU, DRR 1-3, E7 Anime Legends 1+2, Seed pt 1 + 2, Seed Destiny pt 1+2, Wing AL parts 1 + 2-

House of Five Leaves, My Hime AL, Planetes AL, Soranowoto, Stranger on BD, The Big O, Girl Who Leapt Through Space 1-3-

Tatami Galaxy and WHR AL. Possibly also some other titles too - but those are the 100% sure.

Yrag86 said:

Although it's set after the second season, it's also worth noting that the American blu-ray for "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A wakening of the Trailblazer" is region A/B.

Back