Sight and Sound Magazine anime article

Mangaminx

Stand User
Otaku News has noted that in the wake of the upcoming release of Howl's Moving Castle, the BFI's magazine "Sight and Sound" has an article that previews the film. As well as going into details of Howl's Moving Castle the article covers a good amount of information about anime in general. What makes this article stand out is, unlike the usual articles the press publish about anime (which are often misinformed or paint a negative image), the author of this article (Andrew Osmond) knows a great deal about anime. It is good to see the BFI publishing such articles, and using well informed sources.

To be honest, I've never read an article that says that flat-out 'anime' is bad, only that certain franchises are; or rather bleak looks at the industry as a whole, usually to the effect of 'when Miyazaki retires, it's all over'. Mind you, I haven't read that many articles. And it's always nice to see some decent appraisal, hehe.

Solo Tremaine said:
To be honest, I've never read an article that says that flat-out 'anime' is bad, only that certain franchises are; or rather bleak looks at the industry as a whole, usually to the effect of 'when Miyazaki retires, it's all over'. Mind you, I haven't read that many articles. And it's always nice to see some decent appraisal, hehe.

A lot of articles focus on the sex and violence aspects of anime, to a very negative level.

Back