Shaman King

Shaman King has ended in Japan. Jump cancelled it abruptly and threatened not to release the final volume unless there was sufficient demand. In the end they did release it, but I've not read the ending so I'm what sure what it was like.

The manga, I felt, became quite dry and insipid during the end of its life-cycle; it became too arbitrary and lost focus, yet continued to exhibit potential that wasn't harnessed. Personally, I was more satisfied with the anime due to the fact that it felt less protracted than the latter stages of the manga. I would be intrigued if some of the later stages of the manga were animated, but I don't think the rest of the series would warrant such treatment.

In earnest, I think the Naruto manga is showing some pains that the Shaman King manga began to suffer later in its life, but I recognise that Naruto's foundation was more firmly established than Shaman King's, giving the series more room to flourish.

Ah Shaman King.
Actually I used to loved this when they showed it a few years ago on jetix.
Nice likeable charachters.That Ro always cracked me up.

How badly did 4Kids maim Shaman King? Is it comparable to the damage done to One Piece?

Could someone tell me what it's like please?

Semajer said:
How badly did 4Kids maim Shaman King? Is it comparable to the damage done to One Piece?

Could someone tell me what it's like please?

Its not too bad. Its like the one series when they did something sensible. Its recognisably Shaman king. None the less swearing, some fan service and blood has been cut and some stuff changed to make it a bit less complicated so kids can understand it better.

Back