Sentai Filmworks license Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu and Orp

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Another month, another new set of license announcements from North American anime distributor Sentai Filmworks. The company has now published their release slate for the month of July, and as per usual it includes a couple of new licensing announcements in the process.

Topping the bill is the third season of Hidamari Sketch, Hoshitmittsu, which is slated for a subtitle-only, DVD-only complete series release on July 19th to bring another hefty slice of life from the residents of Hidamari Apartments, including a couple of new additions to the cast.

Also new to the list of accouncements is Orphen, J.C. Staff's late 1999 adaptation of a series of fantasy adventure light novels featuring a young sorceror in his quest to save a girl from a curse that has transformed her into an evil dragon. The series is set to be released on DVD on July 5th, with an English dub as well as subtitles.

The remainder of the month's releases from Sentai Filmworks includes the second half of Allison & Lillia, which gets a subtitle-only DVD release on July 12th, and the much-anticipated Angel Beats! Complete Collection which receives both DVD and Blu-Ray releases in subtitle-only form on July 26th.

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Sentai ... rphen.html

I picked up the first two seasons of Hidamari at last year's October Expo, didn't finish watching them yet but from what I've seen I can't imagine me not buying the third season.

I swear Orphen has been released before, though?

ilmaestro said:
I picked up the first two seasons of Hidamari at last year's October Expo, didn't finish watching them yet but from what I've seen I can't imagine me not buying the third season.

I swear Orphen has been released before, though?

It is an old ADV release as ANN mentioned in their news when they reported it,

ADV Films licensed Orphen at Anime Expo in 1999.

I passed on Orphen when it was last released and I don't think I will get it this time. After buying the first two seasons of Hidamari, I think I will be buying season 3 as well as the Angel Beats blu-ray though.

Back