SEGA, Capcom and Bandai's "Project X Zone" Reveale

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
source.

The much hyped collaboration between SEGA, Capcom and Namco Bandai has finally been revealed - a Nintendo 3DS RPG crossover called Project X Zone. The currently confirmed list of characters is:

Capcom:
Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Demitri & Dante (Darkstalkers & Devil May Cry)
Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter)
X & Zero (Megaman)

Namco Bandai:
Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
Kite and Black Rose (.hack//)
Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
Sanga Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
Yuri Lowell and Estellise (Tales of Vesperia)

SEGA:
Akira Yuki Chen and Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
Cyrille, Toma (Shining Force EXA)
Ichiro Ogami and Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Kurt Irving and Riera Maruserisu (Valkyria Chronicles)
Ulala (Space Channel 5)

Intriguing...I'm hearing rumblings that Monolith Soft are developing this one, like with Namco x Capcom on the PS2. Now that they're a Nintendo first party we might even get a Mario cameo or something :p I've never played any of their Super Robot Taisen games, are they any good?

Yeah, i wrote a blog post on it when famitsu revealed it this morning. Going to have to wait another week yet before we get full details and how this thing will look. But we do know that the combat is done in pairs. Also, it is a Strategy RPG as well, which makes me think of stuff along the lines of Fire Emblem and so on. Will be interesting, but yeah, will have to wait till next week to see more.

Have to say, i do quite like some of the line up at the moment too, and that they don't all just fight generically, they do have their own styles and moves, With Ulala looking like more of a buff kind of character in some ways.

EDIT: Screens from famitsu for your viewing pleasure(clean ones from their site i believe)

http://andriasang.com/con0mc/project_x_zone_screens/

I assume we're getting more characters as well, or some company decision makers seem to be taking it more seriously than others!

Demitri..? :s

When I finally get a 3DS-equivalent handheld in the future, this will likely go on the list.

R

Well Namco x Capcom had... some ridiculous number of characters, so it would be disappointing if we didn't end up with at least 15-20 from each.

Back