Schoolgirl Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
One of Osamu Dazai's classic works returns to print with a new hardback release from One Peace Books. Schoolgirl follows a day in the life of a high schooler who's struggling with grief and the sense of responsibility that comes with approaching adulthood.

Continue reading...

Thanks for sharing the review of Schoolgirl. Really interesting classic work that tackles some heavy themes. I've never read anything by Osamu Dazai before but the main character you described seems very complex and human. Dealing with grief, identity issues and transitions to adulthood are things I'm sure a lot of readers can relate to.

Thanks for sharing the review of Schoolgirl. Really interesting classic work that tackles some heavy themes. I've never read anything by Osamu Dazai before but the main character you described seems very complex and human. Dealing with grief, identity issues and transitions to adulthood are things I'm sure a lot of readers can relate to.
Since you like the sound of this, I'd also recommend Dazai's No Longer Human which similarly deals with the theme of not being able to fit in with the people and world around the MC. It's darker on the whole than Schoolgirl, so just be prepared for that.

Back