Rush Hour 3 - Reviewed

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Rush Hour 3

Trailer

Synopsis
Chris Tucker returns to the big screen after a six-year absence as he reunites with the all-star team of co-star Jackie Chan, director Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, Hannibal), and writer Jeff Nathanson (Rush Hour 2, Catch Me If You Can) to deliver the third installment of the blockbuster Rush Hour franchise. Arriving in theaters on August 10, 2007, Rush Hour 3 sees the beloved action comedy duo of Tucker and Chan reprising their roles as LAPD Detective James Carter and Chinese Chief Inspector Lee respectively. This time around, the two must travel to Paris to battle a wing of the Chinese organized crime family, the Triads.

Review

So the film is set 3 years after the previous Rush Hour film and picks up with Carter directing traffic after another bungled attempt at being a 'great' cop and Lee protecting his old Boss Consul Han. But all is not well between Carter and Lee due to something that happened in New York with Lee's girlfriend Secret Service girlfriend (the one they were chasing throughout Rush Hour 2).

The comedy is definately on parr with that of the first two films and kept me laughing throughout with the highlight of the film being Lee and Carter interrogating a french assassin with the help of a translating nun.

The fight scenes have amazing choreography and really blow you away, some of the scenes are a little over the top (Eiffel Tower fight) but you just lose yourself in it at the time.

As for the other characters in the film, we are re-introduced to Soo Yung, who was the kidnapped little girl in the first Rush Hour, a new foe and Yakuza boss called Kenji. The superbly played George the Taxi driver who at the start hates Americans but as the film goes on just wants to become one in the hope of killing someone like in the movies. Genevieve the showgirl and Tuckers love interest although later she really freaks him out and is a real laugh out loud part of the film.

Only let down is the ending, its not really a conclusion, you don't see it coming and when it happened it left me with an empty feeling that kinda ruined everything else. The film builds and builds as it goes but in the end just seems to give up and thats a huge flaw in an otherwise superb action/comedy.

Summary - a great film with some amazing action and laugh out loud comedy, definately one of the funnier Rush Hour movies but lacking when it comes to a conclusion, inface it kinda makes you wonder if they ended it short so that Rush Hour 4 could continue on the story as I found A LOT of questions were left unanswered.

Im not expecting something amazing,as thats pretty unrealistic considering the previous films.But i'll still deffinately be going to see it as its harmless fun.Im sure i could spend money on something worse :p Plus if i go before 12,it's only £3.75 :D

I'm planning on watching it sometime next week.

Like already mentioned, I don't have that high hopes for it, because the first two kicked ass, and usually the third film in the trilogy tends to suck in comparison.

But yeah, I'm definitly seeing it.

Back