RIP The Crocodile Hunter

It was a bit rough too - the news was all over the place, and they are not even sure if his wife/family was contacted yet.

From what I can tell - he was trying to branch out with the aquatic documentary. All the antics that he is famous for, getting close and uncomfortable with irate animals are things that he has built up from experience all his life. He looked like a freaking loon but he always had sound judgement about it, knowing animals blindsides and safe distances.

But underwater was totally new ground for him, where I am assuming most of his skills didn't apply, and the critters are quicker than him. The precise circumstances of his death will remain unknown (until they show up on Youtube or somethign).
Sad though.

I actaully was sad to here about this news. Although some people were quick to come up with the bad jokes. I'll share 2 that I have heard so far today dont read if you are easily offended 1. Steve Irwin should have brought some suntan lotion with him, to protect himself from the harmful rays. 2. When asked what programs he liked to watch as a kid Steve replied I liked watching Thunderbirds but Stingray always had a special place in my heart. Do they have people in a little dark room that come up with these things when famous people drop dead :?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always enjoyed his enthusiasm in bringing nature to the masses and his environmental campaigning - he's done a lot for raising awareness as well as the 'wow' factor in doing crazy stuff.

It was a foregone conclusion that the critters he studied would get him eventually I suppose - at least it was a quick way to go, in the outdoors and doing what he enjoyed. My condolences go to his family (they even turned down a state funeral to highlight how down to earth he was from what I've heard).

A great loss.

It is a great loss about Steve Irwin, he actually has two children a little girl named Bindi and a newly born little son, not sure of the name, but yes it was a great shame that it was infact a barb from a stingray that killed him

Why revive this thread?
Anyway...

pomtry said:
Didnt he try and feed one of his kids to the crocidles?

I don't think so :shock:

Numta said:
It is a great loss about Steve Irwin, he actually has two children a little girl named Bindi and a newly born little son, not sure of the name

Also, the other baby was called Bob.

It's a shame, he seemed such a great man too. :(

random_pie said:
Why revive this thread?
Anyway...

pomtry said:
Didnt he try and feed one of his kids to the crocidles?

I don't think so :shock:

Numta said:
It is a great loss about Steve Irwin, he actually has two children a little girl named Bindi and a newly born little son, not sure of the name

Also, the other baby was called Bob.

It's a shame, he seemed such a great man too. :(

Had to happen some day though, I mean he had balls of steel but wasn't invincible :?

Back