Review: New Fist of the North Star #1

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Catching up with last few April DVD releases, I've reviewed New Fist of the North Star #1- a modern spinoff from the cult favourite "ultra-violent" franchise.<ul><span class="menu">Verging on utterly mindless violence, New Fist of the North Star #1 is an attractively animated short film brimming with apocalyptic punks, crude one-liners and exploding heads. Action junkies will be in heaven when watching this, but others may wonder what all the fuss is about. And while it certainly won't win any critical awards, New Fist of the North Star #1 is as fun and violent as the fanboy (or fangirl) in us all discretely craves.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=119">Read the full review.</a>

Paul said:
Catching up with last few April DVD releases, I've reviewed New Fist of the North Star #1- a modern spinoff from the cult favourite "ultra-violent" franchise.<ul><span class="menu">A blood soaked and refreshing riff on the mecha genre that starts off strong but loses it's way in the end, despite this The Guyver still remains a fascinating foray into the darker side of the mecha genre and on the strength of the first six episodes is a more than worthy purchase.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=119">Read the full review.</a>

Your shore this is rite, is it about north star or guyver, is it me or is this wrong

Well spotted ;) I got a little mixed up with the code for posting about new reviews... It's been a long day! :)

FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!!!(weeps with nostalgia)
Loved the old series and will be picking this up as soon as possible.

I don't know whether I want to buy the new series when I have already got the Old ones on DVD, mightjust stick with those cuz there are so many other titles I want to buy.

I might rent this title just to see some new head-exploding action, although what I'd really like is to see the rest of the old series beyond the 36 episodes that Manga dubbed (without resorting to dodgy pirate DVDs).

Red XIII said:
I might rent this title just to see some new head-exploding action, although what I'd really like is to see the rest of the old series beyond the 36 episodes that Manga dubbed (without resorting to dodgy pirate DVDs).

Yeah, I'd love that too. Judging by the patchwork movie, it must get pretty epic. Characters like Roau the Conquerer and the blue haired bad ass Rei; the series looks like it turns into an ultra violent version of Lord of the Rings.

Not that this or its predecessor has ever appealed to me enough to want to watch them , arent there plans to make even more OVA's for this now? "Even Newer Fist Of The North Star" , perhaps :wink: ?

Back