Region Free Blu ray player?

sora

Magical Girl
Does anyone have a list of blu ray players that can be hacked to play region A blu rays and dvds, looking to buy a second hand one and just need a list to see what to look out for

Of the top of my head, the toshiba BDX1200, BDX3100 and BDX3200 can be made region free for DVD and multi region for blu-ray with help from a firmware update, but for the prices I've seen for them now you might be better off getting a blu-ray player from multi region magic which has been modified to be region free for DVD and multi region for blu-ray (like the firmware update toshibas, the BD region has to be selected manually).

There are a few BD players that can be made region free via remote hacks, but they aren't available anymore and the second hand market might be the same as the prices offered for the toshibas.

Been searching ebay and the toshibas go for a decent price, found one like brand new for £20 but its in sheffeild pickup only

Sora Takeuchi said:
Been searching ebay and the toshibas go for a decent price, found one like brand new for £20 but its in sheffeild pickup only
Are you sure about that as I've just checked eBay, and all they have in the £20 collect only are DVD players with the only BD player that has the region free capability coming in at £145 which as I said is near to the price of a new BD player with region free mod from multi region magic.

Back