Record Of Lodoss War

melonpan

Death Scythe
Last night i was listening to some songs on my ipod, and i came accross one called Record Of Lodoss War Live, (one of those songs that you never know that you downloaded hehe), anyway, i listened to it and it was incredibly inspiring with the most beautiful melody (it was live on the clarinet).

So i wrote a little note down to research it today, so i just did and i went straight to the first site from google and clicked on the opening to the movie, found here: http://www.animanga.com/LodossTV/lodoss-tv-op.mpg and it looks really amazing, very magical, but not only in a literally magical sense, more like the whole thing has something special about it..maybe it's just me lol, anyways, i was wondering if anyone know about this series, and if it has had a US debut on DVD etc and/or will be coming to the UK. And who else is interested in this :p :p :p yay so excited ! :twisted: :p

Edit: lol just found it on Amazon (US) with a complete box set, so a possible UK release is well...possible, yay! :p

OMG! I just found out that Maaya Sakamoto did the opening!

wow is this woman amazing or what, with RahXephon too! :p :p

You want to stick to the OVA of Lodoss War and not bother with the TV series. It's OK to watch the first 6 eps, as it finishes off the OVA, but after that it's pretty lame. The OVA on the other is wonderful :D

I've seen the OAV and I did love it... I might check the TV out because I did feel like the OAV wasn't finished because my favourite character's body had been taken over... grr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chibi Yosho said:
I've seen the OAV and I did love it... I might check the TV out because I did feel like the OAV wasn't finished because my favourite character's body had been taken over... grr!

Yeah, he was funny.

I didn't know that the series took off from where the OAV's left off though. Might have to try and watch it sometime.

Anyway, the show itself is quite old, so the animation quality really isn't that great. But if you like your fantasy then you'll probably like this.

It really is a shame about the animation at times. I realise that this makes me sound shallow, but in some scenes it really does hinder the show, particularly the large battle scenes.

Put it this way. Imagine if the Lord of the Rings movies, instead of using those massive and detailed battle sequences, often reverted to using still's and repeated sequences. It would loose a lot of its epic scale, and honestly, I feel that's what happened here as well. Fortunately, the show doesn't focus too heavily on the massed battles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back