Prospective ADV UK DVD releases in 2007

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In their August newsletter, ADV UK have announced which anime they intend to air at AmeCon (Leicester, 11th to 13th August)- and depending on the fan reaction at the convention, many of these shows could be released on UK DVD during 2007.

ADV UK screenings at AmeCon include: E's Otherwise, Hakugei, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Nanaka 6/17, Papuwa, Princess Tutu, Shadow Skill, Sister Princess, Sorcerer Hunters OVA, The Super Milk-chan Show, Yugo The Negotiator, Godannar, Happy Lesson and Those Who Hunt Elves.

Well, Yugo out of that lot is already going to be seeing a release later this year as far as I can tell. I will try and catch a few of those premieres to see what appeals to me best out of all that when I'm at Ame.

Out of that list Princess Tutu (bad name for anime series) is the one I've heard the most praise for. Although it seems like an unlikely high seller, I hope to see it released in the UK sooner or later.

I think Shadow Skill may have been a Manga Ent release in days gone by (although it could have been the sequel I saw the trailer for). Yugo the Negotiator grabbed my attention though - possibly because an action hero who talks his way out instead of killing people sounds like a refreshing change!

Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok - Seen the first 4 episodes of this and loved it, can't wait to see the rest of it now.

Happy Lesson and Those Who Hunt Elves - Already have these on import and they are the best, TWHE is brilliantly funny and gets better in the 2nd series.

As for Happy lesson, a harem about 1 guy with 5 teachers living with him who all want to be his mama, I just hope they also release Happy Lesson: The Final as its the only 3 episodes I can't currently find on DVD anywhere

Princess Tutu had a hard enough time being a R1 release, I'm surprised (but pleased) it may be getting a UK release. I had to wait nearly 2 years to complete my DVDs because there was a huge delay between vol 1 & 2.

E'S Otherwise is another nice one to get a release, just a shame it has such a pants ending (or non-ending I should say).

I'd also say any prospective buyers for Sister Princess should be aware it isn't what it says on the label :wink: I'm having a tough time getting through it, as it's more slice of very boring life involving 1 guy and his 12 sisters playing happily in a huge house. There's about as much fan service as you'd find in a hamster cage and with the average age of the sisters being around 8, it really isn't what you're expecting from a harem anime about 1 guy surrounded by 12 (infact it's 13) girls!

Back