Prince of Tennis - The Dub ^_^

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I just watched something very entertaining that I just had to tell everyone about!
One fansub group has released a fandubbed version of the 1st episode of POT and it was actually surprisingly enjoyeable :D

I have discovered that the entire dubbing was done by the one guy and a female friend! Although there were flaws in the dub, it was overall pretty impressive for a first time and the lip synch was damned good!
I admit that to start with I laughed a bit because the voices were unexpected and the guy sang over the intro song. Other than that it was definitely worth a view. Plus it kinda proved that POT could indeed be an interesting dub and that someone out there should buy it and release it officially :lol: (last sentence was said in a loud voice hoping that someone will hear me :cry: ).

i was going to opened a post about this but you beat me to it. i found this to be very funny i could not stop LOL. the guy singing the opening and ending was the thing that had me at alose for words.

This is a very funny fandub but i would say that you should watch the fansub frist.

I know it was really bad but who cares it was so funny, i didnt watch it because i though it would be good the reason i watch it was beacause i knew it would be bad and thats what made it good. ...... dose that make sense?????

valha said:
I know it was really bad but who cares it was so funny, i didnt watch it because i though it would be good the reason i watch it was beacause i knew it would be bad and thats what made it good. ...... dose that make sense?????

Makes complete sense :D
It was fun and I think an awful lot of people seem to forget that anime can be fun :cry:

Charter_Mage said:
Prince of Tennis, looks like another anime i should download, whats it about?

Tennis :lol:

No seriously, it's about rival high schools playing Tennis in tournaments. It's full of wild tennis moves and the most gorgeous group of anime bishies you're ever gonna see in 1 anime (GO Fuji :twisted: ).

I was hooked from episode 1 but it needs a few episodes to meet the main characters, so I'd say give it 3 or 4 episodes and if you're not hooked by then I'd be very surprised :D

Miaka-chan said:
Tennis :lol:

No seriously, it's about rival high schools playing Tennis in tournaments. It's full of wild tennis moves and the most gorgeous group of anime bishies you're ever gonna see in 1 anime (GO Fuji :twisted: ).

I was hooked from episode 1 but it needs a few episodes to meet the main characters, so I'd say give it 3 or 4 episodes and if you're not hooked by then I'd be very surprised :D
He, he, he, he, he (there goes that perverted laughter again) i like the the sound of it....especially the bishie part :D .
I will defiantly give it a go

No seriously, it's about rival high schools playing Tennis in tournaments. It's full of wild tennis moves and the most gorgeous group of anime bishies you're ever gonna see in 1 anime (GO Fuji Twisted Evil ).

a few months ago in france i saw an anime with some kids playing football with special moves

i thought, nah no way anime is that sad........

today i have been corrected. My world is in bits :(

Miaka-chan said:
That was probably Wild Striker!
There is a new football anime scheduled for this year too :D

If they are kids with special moves I would say its more likely to be Captain Tsubasa ;)

Well I got to watch Prince of tennis, I gave it at least 30 episodes before quitting, I'm no big fan but I understand that loads of people like it. I almost bought the jacket from the anime while I was in Japan, it looked cool :D

Bit off topic, but heyho.

There used to be a Naruto fandub of the very first episode, but I dunno if it's still online. In fact, I doubt it is, but if anyone saw it...

...then zomg!

yea i saw this and i found it good it was done alot better then the POT one and the acting for it was not bad for a fansub i really enjoyed it.

I would love to do a fandub, my dream is to do voice dubbing for anime (and to be a novelist) but i really wouldn't even know how you get into that kind of work

Charter_Mage said:
I would love to do a fandub, my dream is to do voice dubbing for anime (and to be a novelist) but i really wouldn't even know how you get into that kind of work
The most obvious problem you would have is that you list your location as Cornwall rather than, say, Houston or LA; you really need to be in the right place to dub anime. I gather being an actor is, though not a strict requirement, certainly beneficial. A lot of voice talents do theatre and radio work, for example.

Naturally, all this will be fruitless if you aren't actually good at voice acting.

As for being a novelist, I gather one has to write things. More importantly, you have to actually get them published somewhere.

Colin said:
The most obvious problem you would have is that you list your location as Cornwall rather than, say, Houston or LA; you really need to be in the right place to dub anime. I gather being an actor is, though not a strict requirement, certainly beneficial. A lot of voice talents do theatre and radio work, for example.

Naturally, all this will be fruitless if you aren't actually good at voice acting.

As for being a novelist, I gather one has to write things. More importantly, you have to actually get them published somewhere.
Yes my location is a problem, as i have said in various other posts nothing happens in cornwall since people pretty much seem to think it's a hick farmer county, and you always have to live in america to get anywhere. As for being a actor i don't really fancy going to drama school, you probably can't get anywhere without it but i just don't think it's my kinda crowd, i wouldn't mind doing radio work though. When it comes to whether i'm actually any good, well i couldn't really be the judge of that myself but one of the things i love the most is reading books to people, i will read to who ever will listen and do all the voices the best i possibly can.

Even though i have dreams of becoming a great novelist, 17 is still way to young to be taken seriously by any agent so i guess i still have some time before that dream can be realised, but i still have some great stories. Some planned, some just ideas and one slowly being writen to the best of my ability (whether they are any good is a different story)

Back