Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

chaos said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8407986.stm

Natalie Portman is set to slay the undead in a movie adaptation of best-seller Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, it is reported.

How awesome is this? =D

hah i knew they would adapt that book, it seemed a riot when i saw it in the shops. Still waiting on the World War Z adaption mind, Max Brooks is a great writer (just as his dad is a fantastic comedy director)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7985728.stm
Elton John's film company, Rocket Pictures, is to start filming Pride and Predator in London later this year.

If these two are a success, then I think we are going to be seeing a lot of films like this in the (hopefully) near future. Especially with the other two books in the series, the P&P&Z prequel and 'Sense and Sensibility and Sea-monsters'.

And there was me thinking that the film industry had completely rotted away thanks to Mr. Michael Bay and friends.
Pun intended.

BAH! P&P&Z and pride and predator? Really? They're really over doing this...

It was a novel idea(get it?) to begin with but this is getting silly...

The problem with this is that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is complete and utter ***t. The only thing that's clever about the whole enterprise is recognising that 'rewriting' zombies into a public domain book can be done extremely cheaply, and with massive profit resulting.

Look, I know I'm the literature student and I'm supposed to scoff at this kind of thing in some kind of display of ill perceived superiority, but please... anyone in this thread could have 'written' this book. All you need to do is get a freely available text version of the original, and randomly insert the words 'zombie' 'hoarde' and 'dojo' into every third sentence, with the odd nob-gag thrown into any conversation between the romantic leads. There are no clever sequences of zombie-based mayhem. It's just the original with a few out of place sentences coughed up by someone who has cynically come up with a great idea, and can't be bothered to do it properly.

As for the film, it could be more worthwhile, because I cannot imagine anyone will actually base their script on this tripe. But, it's got far more work to do in satirising the original because Pride and Prejudice has been filmed (and alluded to, or satirised) far, far too many times already.

Back