Predators

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
Official trailer released a couple of days ago:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9u8vZwvP57Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9u8vZwvP57Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Keep in mind this is not a sequel, not a remake and No, there are no Xenomorphs in this film. Thoughts? I personally think it looks promising and a lot better than the God forsaken AVP films, but nothing like the first film, from what we see in the trailer, it lacks GAR! Also, I'm not sure if the guy with the katana is a good thing in this movie, it seems a bit generic nowadays

This movie has potential, not sure it'll be on par with Aliens or the first Predator film but no doubt superior to AVP with Rodriguez involved.

So basically, the problem is, that Morpheus doesn't have a phone to ring the operator and get a escape route from the Matrix?

That aside. Little things in films annoy me now, like when the Predator's laser sight appears on the guy who was in the Pianist, then more.... Then more. Predators surely wouldn't allow their prey to know they're there and give them time to react, nor would so many feel the need to 'aim' (???) when one already has. I dunno.

cardybean said:
So basically, the problem is, that Morpheus doesn't have a phone to ring the operator and get a escape route from the Matrix?

That aside. Little things in films annoy me now, like when the Predator's laser sight appears on the guy who was in the Pianist, then more.... Then more. Predators surely wouldn't allow their prey to know they're there and give them time to react, nor would so many feel the need to 'aim' (???) when one already has. I dunno.

WHAT

Wow, I never realised it was the same actor from The Pianist O_O. That's quite a range of films he has starred in then...

But yeah, these days it's all about looking good for the trailer. In the first film, the victim see's the dots for about a second before that laser thing tears right through them

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
cardybean said:

WHAT

Wow, I never realised it was the same actor from The Pianist O_O. That's quite a range of films he has starred in then...

But yeah, these days it's all about looking good for the trailer. In the first film, the victim see's the dots for about a second before that laser thing tears right through them

I think this was done for dramatic effect and to show the fact there's more then one predator hunting this time, and its every pred for themselves, after all in the first two films it was all the act of a lone pred.

Still i'm looking forward to this one after the AVP films let me down (note to the creators, if the comics have set down an awesome storyline use that instead of what you gave us).

Of course this just makes me wonder what the Alien prequel film will turn out like.

BlackWolf said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
cardybean said:

WHAT

I think this was done for dramatic effect and to show the fact there's more then one predator hunting this time, and its every pred for themselves, after all in the first two films it was all the act of a lone pred.

Obviously. It doesn't make it any less stupid though. Long time no speak btw.

cardybean said:
BlackWolf said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
cardybean said:

WHAT

Obviously. It doesn't make it any less stupid though. Long time no speak btw.

True, but think if you were the guy with the sights on you :p You would probably have a second to react "Oh god-" before you were blown apart.

Yeah it has been a while hasn't it, about two-three years i think.

Could be awesome, but I don't know if it's going to take itself too seriously or not. Doesn't quite seem to have that "so bad it's good" streak that makes so many 80s action flicks stand out.

I won't be impressed if it tries to "recreate" any scenes from the original. I'd like it to stand alone as much as possible if it's to impress. Looking forward to it as much as I have done the AVP films. I'll take it as it comes. *crosses fingers*

.... A "get to the choppa!" wouldn't go a miss though. :p

Voddas said:
I won't be impressed if it tries to "recreate" any scenes from the original. I'd like it to stand alone as much as possible if it's to impress. Looking forward to it as much as I have done the AVP films. I'll take it as it comes. *crosses fingers*

.... A "get to the choppa!" wouldn't go a miss though. :p
People want to see this because it's a Predator remake. It's quite clearly made for people who saw thm so it would make sense to pay homage to those movies. Anyone who says the older movies have no influence on their decision to watch this is lying.

It's not a remake though is it? It's based on another planet. I thought the only similarity was the terrain of where the film takes place? Plus there is only one Predator in the first. I'd have prefered it that way again tbh.

It's a re-imagining of the first movie which Rodriguez came up with during the early 90s, he also had two other ideas, one of them was set in the 1700s on a ship, but it'd be overkill and full of PIS/CIS for characters to stand a chance against the Predator in that situation.

Ahhh... I understand now and yes, men Vs Predator on a boat would be overkill. (Unless of course they were shipping spinach).

Back