Pacific Rim 2 now confirmed for 2017

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
IT'S COMING

The sequel to the US Box Office Bomb but very successful outside the US is finally getting a sequel.

While I still would like to see Godzilla fight them instead (not to mention a Godzilla sequel has been green-lit), this is a nice addition.

I felt the first film was good but I had too much high hopes for it and as such I was underwhelmed.

In other words, this sequel needs more epic battles (no BS like that battle with the sword appearing out of nowhere in what could have been a quick battle).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with the first film - my hopes were too high, and while I enjoyed it on the whole, I expected something a little deeper.

It'll never be Eva levels of deep, but it'd be nice to have a plotline that's more than just setting up chunky fight scenes.

ilmaestro said:
Still never watched the first movie, is it worth my time?

It's good in a 'Transformers beer and pizza' big effects and action sort of way - buy I wouldn't go in with high expectations.

In short, worth a watch - but could be better.

Wait, so Del Toro is buying another piece of cheese?

Yeah, the first Pacific Rim had so many plot holes that I don't consider it a movie - it's a piece of cheese (which also reflects the dialogue tbh). The visual effects are really good but if you're after something more than fancy effects, Pacific Rim just isn't worth your time. I really hope the sequel fixes every problem in the first film (like actually staying to the pseudo-scientific laws established in the first one, urgh!).

Back