Open University And Me

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
While the OU has been on the back of my mind for a long time now, recent events for me have made me realise that maybe I should finally take it up. The thing is I've wanted to work in stuff like the video game industry or anything related to my interests for a long time now but have never had the chance to do so, therefore getting something from the OU might be a good chance of finally getting involved in something I'm interested in. Problem is that I don't know what I would do, I'm terrible at programming do development is out of the question and I can't draw at all.

There are other fields in geekdom I could get into but does anyone here have any suggestions on what courses I could do in the OU to help me get my foot in the door

As with most industries, I imagine a lot of it is more down to a combination of being in the right place at the right time, and having proven work experience - whether that be from previous jobs/freelance work/internships etc.

Courses definitely can help - but they're really an absolute requirement. I imagine there are a lot of fields where you could transfer current skills into a new industry. Things like marketing, visual design etc.

Back